An Old School Catholic Message Board

Summer Oportunities For Young Adults

Annie12

So, I was hoping to make this a thread where we could share any summer opportunities for young adults for this summer. I am looking to fill up my summer and so far I am still at square one. Some help would be very much appreciated. If you could just share what you are doing with your summer (like camp or something else along those lines) that would be great!

ps. plan "B" for me would be working at a fast food chain. I don't really want to do that. lol

I'm hosting a Nun Run starting May 9 to May 20. You can come on that. :)

A Nun Run? What in the world is that? 

ChristinaTherese

It's where a bunch of Catholic women/girls (who are presumably discerning religious life, although I guess you could go on one if you weren't, but it seems to me like it would be odd) get together and visit a bunch of convents.

ToJesusMyHeart

We tie nuns together and make them run a half marathon. 

Just kidding. It's a pilgrimage across the country, in a car, (it's a road trip), to different convents. 

ToJesusMyHeart

It's where a bunch of Catholic women/girls (who are presumably discerning religious life, although I guess you could go on one if you weren't, but it seems to me like it would be odd) get together and visit a bunch of convents.

:pinch:

Stole my thunder.

Basilisa Marie

I'm spending a couple months volunteering at my parish and taking a class on canon law.  And by volunteering at my parish I mean showing up to parish events and celebrating the completion of my master's degree by spamming the world with my resume.  

But I suppose volunteering to help with a parish VBS would be a good thing...as that's what I've done nearly ever year since I was 15. 

ToJesusMyHeart

If you could just share what you are doing with your summer (like camp or something else along those lines) that would be great!

My plans:

1. Nun Run

2. After the Nun Run, I'll be going to visit a convent.  :| (but rly)

3. Summer school, both sessions

4. Working during summer school as tutor

5. Hanging out with my favorite roommate

It's a little late for this, but you may want to consider teaching Totus Tuus. They've probably filled all the teams at this point, but it can't hurt to look into it.  I was planning on doing it until my summer got screwy.