An Old School Catholic Message Board

Twin Sisters Celebrate 25 Years As Dominicans

DameAgnes

DameAgnes

http://www.cathstan.org/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=22&ArticleID=5647

When they were little girls, their mother often dressed the identical twin sisters alike. Now as adults, they continue to dress alike, because Sister Judith Maldonado and Sister Maristella Maldonado wear the white habit and black veil with white trim of the Dominican Sisters of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima. This past summer the twin sisters marked their 25th anniversaries of becoming Dominican Sisters, and they were among 14 religious celebrating anniversaries who were honored at a April 21 Mass and reception by the Archdiocese of Washington's Office for Consecrated Life.

"We continue dressing alike," Sister Judith said laughing, as she and her sister were interviewed recently by the Catholic Standard at their convent near St. Martin of Tours Parish in Gaithersburg, where Sister Maristella serves as pastoral associate and Hispanic ministries coordinator. Sister Judith works as a pastoral associate, and as coordinator of Hispanic ministries and religious education at neighboring St. Rose of Lima Parish in Gaithersburg.

I've never heard of this community, and couldn't find them on google.

That's so cool! Sisters in the same community :) 

If you look on the website for the Archdiocese of Washington, this is apparently the community. Perhaps the name is lost in translation. 

FutureSister2009

That is impressive and amazing. I know a set of twin brothers from my church. One is a Priest and one is married. So at least we can tell them apart! But I never see the two of them together. It's usually one or the other.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

IC parish in Lowell, MA was my home parish until I was about 5. If these 2 were in the parish than they probably made First Holy Communion with my sister!

FFI Griswold

Ave Maria!

It is wonderful to hear of persevering religious, especially their silver and gold anniversaries - getting that much closer to the goal!

That's so cool! Sisters in the same community :) 

If you look on the website for the Archdiocese of Washington, this is apparently the community. Perhaps the name is lost in translation. 

It is funny how Our Lady works. We have two blood sisters who became Poor Clares in the same convent, and they were followed by their mother who became a Poor Clare, and their father who became a contemplative-active friar, all in the same institute! There are others, too. Also, I was blessed to profess first vows with one of my best friends in the world, who actually entered a year after me (when I entered he wasn't sure where he was going). He is now in Italy studying for the priesthood. Thanks be to God!

JMJ,

Friar John Paul