An Old School Catholic Message Board

Charisms, Orders, Communities - What Are You?

TheLordsSouljah

Charisms, Orders, Communities!!  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

TheLordsSouljah

Okay, so I know I have probably left something out, but I have done my best - poll away!!

Hopefully it hasn't been done before - couldn't find anything. 

This is mainly for women - though I would like some thoughtful gentleman to set one up for men!!

If I get enough PMs for other orders/charisms, I'll start a part 2.

God bless amazing peoples!! :)

TheLordsSouljah

N.B. check out the type of Rule that your community uses.... I am pretty sure that the Dominicans use the Augustinian Rule.... stuff like that. Can count for two!

dymphnamaria

There aren't enough Benedictines around here!  :stubborn:

They already enter the convent and are waiting for you. :missing:

FutureSister2009

I am a Marian first and foremost with a bit of Dominican. I went with Active/Contemplative because I like the good balance.

FutureSister2009

I am a Marian first and foremost with a bit of Dominican. I went with Active/Contemplative because I like the good balance.

OnlySunshine

I am hoping to be a Third Order or Secular Franciscan.  There is a group that meets about an hour away from me and I'd like to attend a meeting to see if my spirituality meshes with theirs.  I love the Franciscan spirituality. 

I found out there is also a Third Order Carmelite group near me, too, but I'm not sure I am a Carmelite.  I might try them, too, but the Franciscans are first on my list.

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

Kylie Spinelli

Although I am discerning the Salesians, I really do feel called to the Sisters of Life... And I wish you could pick more than one charism because I feel like I fit more than one... But I want to be active/contemplative because not only do I love quiet prayer time, but I want to be working in the world as well...

:)

ToJesusMyHeart

Although I am discerning the Salesians, I really do feel called to the Sisters of Life... And I wish you could pick more than one charism because I feel like I fit more than one... But I want to be active/contemplative because not only do I love quiet prayer time, but I want to be working in the world as well...

:)

Why you no discern with SOL?!!?

There aren't enough Benedictines around here!  :stubborn:

There are a lot of Franciscans, though. 

I voted Franciscan and active/contemplative (for now at least.)

I chose "Other" for both because I have NO IDEA...I thought that I knew but feel totally clueless these days.  And yet, for the first time since I started discerning my vocation, I'm feeling fairly peaceful and joyful.   :pray:   :like3:

Sister Marie

I chose other because my community follows the Alphonsian tradition ( St. Alphonsus, founder of the Redemptorists). Weare active in Catholic Education apostolates.

Edit to add- there are sooooo many spiritualities that don't fit into the more well-known orders... It's nice to hear and learn more about some of them.

Edited by Sister Marie