An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mother Dolores Hart Osb Autobiography

PrayerSupporter

PrayerSupporter

I am currently reading Mother Dolores Hart's autobiography and am finding it very enjoyable.  I've just gotten to the point when she has entered the monastery (Regina Laudis), and where at her first meal she forgot that her napkin was pinned to her habit and flipped her dinner plate.  In trying to catch the plate she kicked over the stool she was sitting on!  "The quiet of the refectory was shattered.  I stood there, mortified, waiting for a harsh reaction to my clumsiness.  But all I heard were a few barely audible giggles from those who, I guessed, had been there and done that."

If anyone is interested, the book is called The Ear of the Heart: An Actress' Journey from Hollywood to Holy Vows. 

I pre-ordered it on Amazon when I first heard about it. I just got confirmation that it is being mailed out. I can't wait to read it! Thanks for sharing. 

Totally Franciscan

Reminds me of when I was a postulant, and the novice mistress mentioned to all of us that the novices love it when the new postulants arrive.  In my naivete, I asked her why.  Her answer to me with a big smile on her face was, "You will be able to answer that question when you are a novice!"  Of course, the postulants do so many crazy and funny things, and the communities love them for it.

Guest Allie

I am currently reading Mother Dolores Hart's autobiography and am finding it very enjoyable.  I've just gotten to the point when she has entered the monastery (Regina Laudis), and where at her first meal she forgot that her napkin was pinned to her habit and flipped her dinner plate.  In trying to catch the plate she kicked over the stool she was sitting on!  "The quiet of the refectory was shattered.  I stood there, mortified, waiting for a harsh reaction to my clumsiness.  But all I heard were a few barely audible giggles from those who, I guessed, had been there and done that."

If anyone is interested, the book is called The Ear of the Heart: An Actress' Journey from Hollywood to Holy Vows. 

OMH (heavens)  SOmething else to worry about doing wrong. :saint2:  

Chiquitunga

Ignatius Press made a little video trailer for this book :like:

http://youtu.be/rxBB-HzW8gI

• 1 month later...