An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would You Be A Beguine?

Gabriela

BarbTherese

I certainly would I think discern depending on what the beguine actually was.  There have been different types of beguines over the years they were in existence - different 'rules' etc.

BarbTherese

Mmm interesting.  Would one want a rule in common, some sort of leadership set up.  Living in individual dwellings with a central chapel and in an urban situation, common income, and devoted to all kinds of works of Mercy not one particular apostolate.  Would there be any kind of religious habit, or just secular clothing - or perhaps a mixture of both for certain occasions.

Would the individual dwellings around a central Chapel be a walled off area?

Or are their others ideas - over the yaers beguines did vary in structure etc.

Might be interesting to discuss.  While founding something scares me absolutely silly and not called to it I don't think.  I think quite unique characteristics are needed in a foundress and leaders and quite clear ideas of objectives of their charism and establishing it and what will contribute to doing so in an effective manner - and an ability to start slow and be patient with step by step progress, and fortitude and conviction of a call From God in the face of any and all difficulties.