An Old School Catholic Message Board

Leonie's Longing

Catholicterp7

Oh my goodness. This is SOOOOOOO needed. Just wonderful!!! We should really spread the word about this. I'm not on Facebook or other social media, but people should really get this out there. Especially religious communities so that they will have some place to send the "exiting".

People, let's start an advertising campaign here!

And here I thought leaving a seminary was bad, I can't imagine the hardship of leaving a convent. Thank the Lord someone is starting something for these women.

TheresaThoma

Wonderful! 

An idea for reaching out. Maybe put together and info packet, something simple. Then see if you might be able to leave a few with different convents so that when a young woman decides to leave the community can give them the info. Help ease the transition.

I wrote to the organizer and just got an email from her. She is looking for helpers. Sign up! I used the contact form through the website and got an almost-immediate response.

Edited by curiousing

Spem in alium

Wow, this is great! I can only imagine how hard leaving that way of life must be. So glad something like this exists.

• 5 months later...
Catherine Therese

I've been looking into this for a little while, now. The ministry looks fantastic and I've communicated my hope to the organisers that there is stuff I can do to help out from time to time. Curiousing, did you end up getting involved?

I've been looking into this for a little while, now. The ministry looks fantastic and I've communicated my hope to the organisers that there is stuff I can do to help out from time to time. Curiousing, did you end up getting involved?

Yup, just delivered some work about three hours ago. :) Theresa is wonderful. I do recommend to others to get involved, even if it's just to get on their mailing list to help out women who may be in your area.

I will soon post a link to a presentation of the results from the Leonie's Longing survey of people who have left religious life. Just waiting for Theresa's go-ahead...