An Old School Catholic Message Board

Black Belt Christianity

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Pax.

I didn't know where i should post this, probably in the whats on my mind section but have already posted on there today.

Ok, so the line of thinking i am on this afternoon is that i have been likening christianity to the belts in martial arts. It doesn't take so long to get a black belt but it is hard as to increase to the various dans, these are levels granted after attaining a black belt. People say usually it takes longer to progress in each dan than to achieve the original black belt. Anyhow unsure if this is even a topic to discuss. But perhaps your thoughts on how you have progressed over the years in the way of Jesus. Can you look back and say indefinitely that you are progressing in truth.

Onward Christian souls.

Jesus iz Lord.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

And in what ways have you progressed in your understanding of what the truth is and the way of Jesus Christ. Also how have you come to this understanding, like what are some of the biggest light bulbs that you have had over the years that have strengthened your belief in Christianity and God. 

That Faith is not just a belief system. When you receive Grace, you can not fall from it.

It's more difficult today to follow Jesus. Try becoming a homeless beggar professing Christ Crucified and see where that gets you. Even the Church will mock you.

But isn't that what the Messiah warned us about?

Give up your life (social life standards) to gain the Kingdom.