PhuturePriest Posted May 8, 2013 Posted May 8, 2013 As of this morning, after twelve years of training me in karate, my black belt, Greg Hiner, in collaboration with Ken Routon, has decided to make me a black belt. In all technicality, it's a "shodan-ho", which means it's a black belt with a stripe down the middle to show I'm not eighteen yet, but it's still a black belt nonetheless.
PhuturePriest Posted May 8, 2013 Author Posted May 8, 2013 I'll show a picture of me in it as soon as he sends it to me, as well as my certificate.
CrossCuT Posted May 8, 2013 Posted May 8, 2013 Do you put these things on your resume for ninja school? I would Batman went to ninja school!
IcePrincessKRS Posted May 8, 2013 Posted May 8, 2013 As of this morning, after twelve years of training me in karate, my black belt, Greg Hiner, in collaboration with Ken Routon, has decided to make me a black belt. In all technicality, it's a "shodan-ho", which means it's a black belt with a stripe down the middle to show I'm not eighteen yet, but it's still a black belt nonetheless. I'm still out of props from yesterday, but when they refresh you're getting one. Congrats!!! :)
PhuturePriest Posted May 8, 2013 Author Posted May 8, 2013 *facepalm* Are you face-palming because they trusted me to train other people and to be in charge, or because you're just jealous of my success? :P I'm still out of props from yesterday, but when they refresh you're getting one. Congrats!!! :) Thanks! I'm still feeling the effects of not having many props to spend, either. :P
IcePrincessKRS Posted May 8, 2013 Posted May 8, 2013 Are you face-palming because they trusted me to train other people and to be in charge, or because you're just jealous of my success? :P Thanks! I'm still feeling the effects of not having many props to spend, either. :P I'm pretty sure most of my props went to you yesterday, too....
PhuturePriest Posted May 8, 2013 Author Posted May 8, 2013 Welcome to the club You know, most people think that pretty much everyone that joins karate gets a black belt, but that isn't true at all. My black belt says 99% of students drop out and never achieve shodan (Black belt), because it takes so much discipline and hard work. In our society, "discipline" and "hard work" are on the same levels as the plague, so it doesn't shock me that so many drop out. I've certainly seen in my time so many people drop out. I've seen hundreds of students in my style, and I've only seen a few achieve black belt. How do you know how many you have? I don't. I just know I don't have a lot.
PhuturePriest Posted May 8, 2013 Author Posted May 8, 2013 I'm pretty sure most of my props went to you yesterday, too.... A lot of mine went to you, so at least we have each other to blame. :P
CatherineM Posted May 8, 2013 Posted May 8, 2013 Anything worthwhile is worth working for and waiting for.
PhuturePriest Posted May 8, 2013 Author Posted May 8, 2013 Anything worthwhile is worth working for and waiting for. I'd say that after twelve years of working and waiting, it was all worth it.
Nihil Obstat Posted May 8, 2013 Posted May 8, 2013 Congrats! It is that time of year now, eh? :smile3: I am being promoted to sandan in a couple weeks.
PhuturePriest Posted May 8, 2013 Author Posted May 8, 2013 Congrats! It is that time of year now, eh? :smile3: I am being promoted to sandan in a couple weeks. Thanks! I was waiting for you to post on this thread. I don't quite know what the joke means, but oh well. :P And that's awesome! I need to look at the list thingy to see which one that is, but it's cool anyway. :P
Nihil Obstat Posted May 8, 2013 Posted May 8, 2013 Thanks! I was waiting for you to post on this thread. I don't quite know what the joke means, but oh well. :P And that's amesome! I need to look at the list thingy to see which one that is, but it's cool anyway. :P San is three. :)
Nihil Obstat Posted May 8, 2013 Posted May 8, 2013 One or two kids from my club are testing for shodan in a few weeks. I do not like the one kid very much to be honest, but whatever. He has put in the time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now