An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trials Through Discernment.

VeniJesuAmorMi

VeniJesuAmorMi

JM+JT

Praised be Jesus Christ!

Hello everyone, :wave:

I came across this beautiful meditation that has been posted on The Poor Clare Heart Ponderings blog; there is also a poem there written about this by Sister. I thought to share it on here especially for those in discernment, or perhaps waiting to visit or enter a community. These times come with trials and we certainly all need encouragement along the way. I thought this little meditation is very helpful for this. May He be forever thanked and praised for sending trials to bring us closer to Himself and may we love Him more and more. :)

"Before Sarah could join our community, she needed to pay off her college debt.  During the time of her fund raising efforts with the Laboure Society she experienced some moments of frustration and discouragement. A friend shared with her that he had been meditating on John 6:18ff, in which the disciples are sailing to Capernaum when a great wind comes up.  The water begins to get rough, but then Jesus comes to them on the sea and tells them not to be afraid.  He comes into the boat, and suddenly the apostles find that they have arrived at Capernaum much sooner than they anticipated.  Her friend said that he was struck by the fact that it was the wind and the turbulence that brought the apostles’ ship to its destination much sooner than it would have otherwise arrived.  He told her that God is Lord of the wind, and of the trials that churn up the waves of life beneath us. God works all things for our good, and through them draws us swiftly to Himself."