An Old School Catholic Message Board

Well Then...

Annie12

I'm so lost in my discernment. I know I should get a spiritual director but where I live that is extremely hard to come by. I just have no idea where God is leading me. I feel lost in translation! It seems like everyone around me is discovering their vocation but I am here like "uh, what do you want me to do again Lord". And of course I never understand his response. I don't know what to think anymore!!! I feel like I'm at the end of my rope here. I''m border line "not caring anymore".

Lilllabettt

well ... "not caring anymore" can be a good thing ... but only if its "holy" indifference.

Well you're not alone Annie. I kind of feel the same way so I'm not sure what advice to give you but I do know that I had put things on hold because I was hoping to find the right order and enter soon; now I'm just moving forward with my life and continue to grow in my relationship with the Lord. I figure He will show me what He wants in His own time.

OnlySunshine

I'm so lost in my discernment. I know I should get a spiritual director but where I live that is extremely hard to come by. I just have no idea where God is leading me. I feel lost in translation! It seems like everyone around me is discovering their vocation but I am here like "uh, what do you want me to do again Lord". And of course I never understand his response. I don't know what to think anymore!!! I feel like I'm at the end of my rope here. I''m border line "not caring anymore".

It helps a great deal if you slow down and relax.  God's timing is not our own.  It may not be the right time for you.  I know that's hard to hear when it seems like everyone else around you is entering or getting married.  If you focus more on the present day such as your schoolwork or job and keep your heart open to the Lord, that's the best way of going about discernment.  You cannot rush God.

Is there Bible Study meeting or any other ministries like Rosary makers that you can get involved in?  It sounds like you have too much time to dwell on things and that makes the doubts and anxiety creep in.  Keeping yourself busy helps you to focus on the present.

I understand what you mean about spiritual directors.  They are difficult to come by in my neck of the woods, too.  I hope to have a spiritual director soon though if the Sisters in my parish agree to help.  :)

I'm another one that wishes for a spiritual director.  The best thing I've found is Adoration.  I've also heard praying the Divine Office can be helpful.

Guest Allie

Gentle hug and prayers.

Maybe you can contact the vocation office for your Diocese and ask about finding a spiritual director near you.  Also as has been said already, Adoration and I  do Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, and Compline.   It frames my day in His Will. 

I was lost in translation for quite a while.  Probably will be again when I enter.  It's not fun.

It doesn't help that I have a stalker. A guy who has a huge crush on me at my school. I'm not interested. So, I spend my time in my room or in the chapel. I feel like this is making me appreciate my singleness. I have finally realized that I want to be single for now. I just want to focus on my relationship with the Lord. This dude isn't getting the picture though. *annoyed sigh*

OnlySunshine

It doesn't help that I have a stalker. A guy who has a huge crush on me at my school. I'm not interested. So, I spend my time in my room or in the chapel. I feel like this is making me appreciate my singleness. I have finally realized that I want to be single for now. I just want to focus on my relationship with the Lord. This dude isn't getting the picture though. *annoyed sigh*

Is he harassing you (following you, calling you at inappropriate times, etc)?  If so, he should be reported.  You shouldn't have to feel like you can't go out and do stuff just because he won't leave you alone.  That's not right.  It doesn't matter if he likes you.  He needs to respect your boundaries.  It might help to talk to a counselor or a professor about your issue.

well, I have been avoiding him big time the last two days and I haven't even talked to him. But, when he does see me he hangs around me and stands a little too close or sits next to me at meals and sit a bit too close. It all started because I was friendly to him so he got the wrong idea. But, I have been completely avoiding /ignoring him the last few days. I did block him on Facebook because he was hitting on me even there. But this whole thing has made me appreciate my singleness more than I ever have before. I'm serious here. I never realized how great it is to be single!!!! lol!

Edited by Annie12

OnlySunshine

well, I have been avoiding him big time the last two days and I haven't even talked to him. But, when he does see me he hangs around me and stands a little too close or sits next to me at meals and sit a bit too close. It all started because I was friendly to him so he got the wrong idea. But, I have been completely avoiding /ignoring him the last few days. I did block him on Facebook because he was hitting on me even there. But this whole thing has made me appreciate my singleness more than I ever have before. I'm serious here. I never realized how great it is to be single!!!! lol!

Still, you need to tell him you are not interested.  If you don't, he's likely to get the wrong impression and will keep pestering you.  It's great that you realize that being single is good but you shouldn't have a guy on your back when you're not interested in dating.  ;)

MarysLittleFlower

Don't give up! Everyone has their own journey :) God is leading each person the way He wants, not what everyone else is doing. Maybe some others you know are discovering their vocations - but there are many others who are in the same place as you. Eventually, you'll know... I know it's hard to be in the "in between" waiting stage, I'm trying to wait too, but I heard it can help us to grow in trust and patience :) spiritual direction does help... if you are not able to, maybe just going to Adoration more can help? someone suggested to me - asking Mary to guard your vocation :)