An Old School Catholic Message Board

Danielle Rose - Music

MarysLittleFlower

MarysLittleFlower

Does anyone know about this artist?

I just discovered her music through the Imagine Sisters facebook page. I read a bit about her and it seems that she considered religious life for a while and then discerned that she is called to marriage. I think her music is so well written and the words are beautiful! Her songs are like prayers. I also like the song "The Saint that is Just Me" which is challenging in a way because we all have those Saints that we look up to? and it can be hard to accept if you thought God is calling you in one direction, and then it seems it's another one. I know I struggle with that sometimes. Even though she ultimately discerned a different vocation, I love the songs she wrote related to religious life (at least that's how i interpreted them) and I hope they could inspire/encourage others. That's cool because it's shows that God uses every part of our life and every stage of our discernment. ? 

Anyways I'm wondering if anyone heard of Danielle Rose too, and have you heard her songs or read the lyrics?. Her website has the lyrics for all the songs :) http://daniellerose.com/ there are several albums

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

dymphnamaria

Thanks for the link! I just learned about her today. It seems she has a wonderful life story and I'm loving her music already.

Mary's Child

I love Danielle Rose :bounce: Actually I heard one of her songs (Psalm 139) before I even knew she was Catholic and I was like wow I wonder now I know that she is in fact Catholic :) . I actually got to see her live last Summer and as I was leaving she was right in front of me but I was to shy to say anything or introduce myself :blush: . At one point I visited the community she used to be a member of but I dont think she was there then. Have you heard "your bride" ? It is so powerful and touching :) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOEAaySj6Ps

Edited by Mary's Child

MarysLittleFlower

wow it's really good! :D That's cool that you got to see her :) I was wondering if she's Catholic at first too and I'm glad because I don't know too many Catholic artists.

I really also like the song "Pursue Me"

Mary's Child

Yes! Pursue me is good for us discerners :) . She has such a beautiful voice. I know what you mean about there not being many Catholic singers :hmmm: . Did you know that Matt Maher is Catholic? ( I didnt for a long time) . Also theres a new guy whos been a youth minister for years but is just getting into the music he is really good and was on Life on the Rock a while a go :bounce: . His name is Pasquale Talarico http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY1NyXshuHo

I really like my music especially the Cathoic/ Christian stuff can you tell? :hehe:

MarysLittleFlower

I never heard of him! :) I did know that Matt Maher is Catholic. I think I also didn't realize at once though, cause his music is played not only among Catholics. Here's one artist I also really like... like name is John Polce... take a look at this song in this podcast, it's so amazing  :) http://www.ipadre.net/2012/08/ipadre-271-christian-suffering/

it's called "Do You Love Me Enough"

I love music too and Christian music  :D

I've met and spoke to Danielle Rose in person; she is an amazing lady! Very very sweet! 

I have had the privilege of hearing her sing live 3 times!

FFI Griswold

Ave Maria!

She has a beautiful voice.  I used to go on young adult retreats where we would play her songs for talks, like "Crown of Thorns", which is very moving, sung acapella, and is spoken from the perspective of the rose which the crown of thorns was made from.

Ave Maria!

fra John Paul

DiscerningCatholic

I've known about her for quite a while...turns out she actually entered a religious order but left the year she was supposed to take vows!