An Old School Catholic Message Board

Norbertine Can

reminiscere

Mary's Child

Ahhh yes the Norbertines :) I actually live close to them about 30 minutes away and I have never been there :blush: I really need to go do that.

Mary's Child

Ah, yes, the Norbertines.  Mary's Child, what are you waiting for????lol!

Well... Im not really sure what Im waiting for. I guess part of it is that Ive never felt called to the cloistered life. But Iwould like to go for just a visit and many people have recommended I go. For a while I didnt go because I was working a lot and the last few months money has been extremely tight since I lost my job . I think this is something I just need to go do though.

inperpetuity

Well... Im not really sure what Im waiting for. I guess part of it is that Ive never felt called to the cloistered life. But Iwould like to go for just a visit and many people have recommended I go. For a while I didnt go because I was working a lot and the last few months money has been extremely tight since I lost my job . I think this is something I just need to go do though.

Well, if you do go, please let us know how it goes.  I've often thought of visiting them myself, but I've always been kind of far away, and the money thing too.  I often thought that if I contacted them, I would probably end up trying to go for a visit.  I like their form of life and they are not as cloistered as some communities as they have gone out to the cathedral for professions.  I'm thinking that they may have a constitutional enclosure rather than papal, but I'm not sure.