An Old School Catholic Message Board

Aspirant Traditional Benedictines Uk

Anselm

inperpetuity

well, Anselm, I'm not a guy but if I were and I lived in England, I would check them out.  I hope everything comes together for this.  I will pray that this works out.

inperpetuity

It may be worth putting the word out to the FSSP or The Institute of Christ The King chapels or some of the other communities in Europe who have the EF of the mass normally.  tradvocations.blogspot.com has a good list of some of these although I don't think the blog is active anymore.

Thanks inperpetuity. At the moment I'm not actually involved in this group, though I am interested in them. I'm sure prayers are very welcome!

Many postulants have come and gone at Farnborough in recent years. I won't comment on why that may be as a) I don't know and b) I don't want to malign hard-working religious, but it isn't encouraging. Also, Farnborough masses are Novus Ordo and the community is only 3 or 4. I would rather be able to blend in to a larger community in order to concentrate more on my life in God.

I'm very happy with both the Ordinary and Extraordinary forms of the Mass, but I'm just interested in the classical form of the Benedictine life. It is an increasingly attractive idea. Both Quarr and Pluscarden are very intriguing...

Edited by Anselm