An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ending A Discernment Relationship

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

I had to block her email, unfortunately.  :(

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

That is a tough one.  

I bet you will make a good nurse, Mater. 

OnlySunshine

That is a tough one.  

I bet you will make a good nurse, Mater. 

Thank you.  :flowers:

To Jesus Through Mary

Wow, I am surprised they are so persistent even though they turned you down. It's a shame you even had to get to the point to block. Sorry yo. :(

I echo the others, you are going to make an awesome nurse and whatever else God has in store for you! :)

OnlySunshine

Wow, I am surprised they are so persistent even though they turned you down. It's a shame you even had to get to the point to block. Sorry yo. :(

I echo the others, you are going to make an amesome nurse and whatever else God has in store for you! :)

Yes, it's a frustrating situation.  But, I blocked her so I don't think I'll hear from her again unless she finds another way...

Thank you for the compliments.  It means a lot to me.  :)

maximillion

Mater, I have watched, prayed for and followed you and your search for some time now and I don't often respond or say much, now I will.

You are faithful - no one could have gone through the ups and downs of such a journey without an abiding faith.

You are prayerfully obedient and have a very genuine humble acceptance even in the face of numerous disappointments.

It seems to me you have been 'living the life' even if you have not been in community with the support that brings....a support that must at times have been sadly lacking.

I know He will bless and richly reward you, because if we can see these things how much more does He know the workings of your heart and that strong desire to be His alone........

OnlySunshine

Mater, I have watched, prayed for and followed you and your search for some time now and I don't often respond or say much, now I will.

You are faithful - no one could have gone through the ups and downs of such a journey without an abiding faith.

You are prayerfully obedient and have a very genuine humble acceptance even in the face of numerous disappointments.

It seems to me you have been 'living the life' even if you have not been in community with the support that brings....a support that must at times have been sadly lacking.

I know He will bless and richly reward you, because if we can see these things how much more does He know the workings of your heart and that strong desire to be His alone........

Thank you, maximillion.  :flowers:

That's just obnoxious! But I do know that feeling. Attraction to one state of life or another is never really an on-and-off, true or false kind of thing. It runs on a curve. I know for me, there are still days where I wonder if I'd have been happier if I could have somehow stayed at a seminary, or looked at another one, or so on. But that lingering attraction doesn't mean I'm called there, and doesn't need to derail what I'm looking at now.

I bet your next steps in discernment will have some of that. But you're probably way better at this than I am, so I'm sure you'll get it right in the end. :)

Edited by arfink

OnlySunshine

That's just obnoxious! But I do know that feeling. Attraction to one state of life or another is never really an on-and-off, true or false kind of thing. It runs on a curve. I know for me, there are still days where I wonder if I'd have been happier if I could have somehow stayed at a seminary, or looked at another one, or so on. But that lingering attraction doesn't mean I'm called there, and doesn't need to derail what I'm looking at now.

I bet your next steps in discernment will have some of that. But you're probably way better at this than I am, so I'm sure you'll get it right in the end. :)

Thanks, arfink.  I'm really at peace with ending my discernment but it seems difficult to break the contact with religious orders.  It seems so final but it's not.  I mean, I could potentially feel the call again but I'm not holding my breath.  I think that God allowed me to discern for a reason and, even though I may not be called, I learned some valuable lessons.  :)