An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Back!

Strictlyinkblot

Strictlyinkblot

I just got back from Summit yesterday. I didn't want to go but unfortunately I still have a long way to go before I'll be able to enter.

It was like I'd never been away. I'd done my aspirancy in July last year (some of you may have seen my picture on their blog back then). Being there feels like home. The closest way I can describe it is with a jigsaw piece, it may look like it fits in lots of different places but when you've found the right place it just slots right in.

I haven't said too much simply because I've been indiscreet before and I want to be careful this time. All I have to do now (apart from pay off my debt obv) is get the psychological assessment done. The plan was to get that done while I was over there but unfortunately that wasn't possible. So, I don't have an entrance date and probably won't have for a while yet.

I've got to go now and deal with all the little disasters that happened while I was away. Any questions, ask away. You should definitely visit the monastery there if you can, even if its just for some quiet time away.

TheresaThoma

So glad to have you back (even just temporarily). 

Its funny I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen you around and was wondering what you were up to. Its wonderful that it is good news!

To Jesus Through Mary

Welcome back! Glad you had a fruitful time out there! Glad it is starting to fit together. And I really understand what you mean about the jigsaw puzzle piece, so cool you found your spot. 

ChristinaTherese

Funny fact: Your screen name suggests black and white (or should I say white and black?), like Dominican habits.

OnlySunshine

I'm so glad you had such a nice time!  I'll pray that your psych eval goes well and that you are able to get it finished soon.  I didn't like mine so I hope you have a much better experience.  I've heard good things from others so I hope my experience is not the norm.  Prayers!  :)

So glad to learn that you had a lovely time at Summit.............Many prayers that everything turns out well for you.

Strictlyinkblot

Pictures or it didn't happen ...

There's one or two of me preparing for the Rosary procession.

http://nunsopsummit.org/blog/page/2

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I really miss the sisters and work is even more crazy then before. Hopefully I'll be starting my new job in August.

Edited by Strictlyinkblot

Little Flower

Congratulations!!! I love the Summit nuns soooo much :love:

If it was ME deciding my vocation, I think I'd enter there. But since God is the decider I have to wait and see what HIS plan is for me. But I would like to be called there...

Strictlyinkblot

Why don't the both of you contact them? I knew very quickly it was the right place for me (although I fought it for the first half of my aspirancy)

There's another (bad) photograph of me on the blog. I really hate getting my picture taken.

http://nunsopsummit.org/blog

Little Flower

Why don't the both of you contact them? I knew very quickly it was the right place for me (although I fought it for the first half of my aspirancy)

There's another (bad) photograph of me on the blog. I really hate getting my picture taken.

http://nunsopsummit.org/blog

I have sent you a PM :)