An Old School Catholic Message Board

Guest Housing At Sisters Of St. Francis Of Perpetual Adoration In Mish

the_rev

Greetings Vocation Station,

I was a regular in years past.  I am currently in the seminary, two years away from priesthood ordination, one year away from diaconate ordination.  

I'll be visiting Notre Dame for a conference in the upcoming weeks and was wondering if anyone was familiar with the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration in Mishawaka, IN.  It appears there convent is 5 miles from the University. 

I was wondering if they have guest houses there and if they might be open to a seminarian staying there for the weekend.  I would of course make a donation and such to their community.  

I'm gonna call them tomorrow, but I thought maybe a VS'er might have some insight as to whether or not it would even be a possibility.  

Thanks!

Edited by the_rev

Pax_et bonum

They have guest rooms, and I know seminarians who have stayed there for retreats. The bishop lives at the convent when he's on this side of the diocese; they have a suite for him. He was in town one weekend for a football game, and he and his guests all stayed at the convent. It's so nice there. If you don't end up staying there, you should go visit anyway.

Another option would be Moreau Seminary which is at Notre Dame. You might even be able to stay in Rudy's room which is up on the 4th floor, I think, with the other guest rooms haha there's a plaque on the door that says it's the room they used in the movie. Anyway, the Holy Cross seminarians are pretty cool :)

If you don't mind me asking, are you going for the Medjugorje conference?