An Old School Catholic Message Board

Clear Creek Monks Work Day March 2013

Golden Years

Mary's Margaret

Beautiful.  Thanks for posting this - it lifted my day.

Edited by Mary's Margaret

Golden Years

Glad you liked it!  I just think it's amazing what the monks have done there, in such a relatively short period of time. Obviously thanks to a lot of hard work by the local people there.  :clap: 

If I was a male discerning a religious vocation, I would be so totally be attracted to this wonderful community! ;) Thanks for posting this vid!!

Golden Years

If I was a male discerning a religious vocation, I would be so totally be attracted to this wonderful community! ;) Thanks for posting this vid!!

Well, it just so happens that they have a brand new community of nuns about a mile and a half from the monks, the Benedictine Sisters of Clear Creek.  Or, if you prefer a more established community, I recommend the Benedictine nuns at Westfield, Vermont.  I spent a few days with them several years ago and they are fabulous!  They are a daughter house of the Abbaye Sainte-Marie des Deux-Montagnes, a primarily French speaking community in Quebec, all of the Congregation of Solesmes.  They chant the Office in Latin.  (Naturellement!)  :nun: