voiciblanche Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 I was watching I Love The '80's Strikes Back and a commercial came on for the new I Love The '90's. So, since we've already talked about our favorite '80's stuff, let's talk about our favorite '90's stuff. I'll start... Remember when people dressed like Axl Rose with Converse All-Stars and a flannel shirt tied around their waist, ripped jeans, etc?
Luthien Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 I remember side pony tails... Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure.... Spice Girls *shudders* I was 4 when the 90s started, and 14 when they ended...crazy.
rachael Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 Remember the Oklahoma City bombing? or the OJ Simpson case?
Luthien Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 [quote]Remember the Oklahoma City bombing? or the OJ Simpson case? [/quote] Oh they did not stop talkin about O.J. and when I was little I tried to avoid watchin' the news about Oklahoma. It made me really sad.
cantstopdancin9 Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 I remember full house, the spice girls, and the macarena (spelling?)
Colleen Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 [quote name='cantstopdancin9' date='May 29 2004, 06:16 PM'] I remember full house, the spice girls, and the macarena (spelling?) [/quote] lol, yeah, the Macarena. The year that the Packers won the SuperBowl (I think it was 97), somebody made up this song called the "Packerena." It was hilarious at the time . . . but now, it's kinda sad.
geetarplayer Posted May 29, 2004 Posted May 29, 2004 The Electric Slide, Achey Breakey Heart... And I said, "What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?" -Mark
ilovechrist Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 [quote name='geetarplayer' date='May 29 2004, 07:50 PM'] The Electric Slide, Achey Breakey Heart... And I said, "What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?" -Mark [/quote] Deep Blue Something was the weirdest band ever. but even tho the lyrics sucked, the song was pretty good. anybody remember that horrid carp called N*Sync?! (down here we call them N*Stink...) ohoh and MJ's complete domination, winning 6 NBA Championships in the 90's? the 90's rocked.
azaelia Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 [quote name='ilovechrist' date='May 29 2004, 09:30 PM'] anybody remember that horrid carp called N*Sync?! (down here we call them N*Stink...) [/quote] :laugh: I was a rabid NSYNC fan. I should see if I have any pictures of my walls. They were covered with NSYNC posters...:bugeyes: What...was...I...thinking?? Oh, and don't forget Hanson!! MMMBOP!!!
cantstopdancin9 Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 not to mention Mariah Carey, Family Matters, and the Backstreet Boys
theculturewarrior Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 I remember horrible raging gang wars, the LA Riots, Wayne's World, and when SNL was still decent. I nearly got murderized in a gang war, if anybody's interested. Actually, it's kind of funny.
azaelia Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='May 29 2004, 09:41 PM'] I nearly got murderized in a gang war, if anybody's interested. Actually, it's kind of funny. [/quote] I'm very interested to hear how a gang fight is funny.
Ash Wednesday Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 Jeez. Reminiscing about the 90s. Isn't it a little soon for that? You've gotta give it about 15-20 years before it goes back in style to do that! My 10 year high school reunion is this summer, and I'm not planning to attend.
azaelia Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='May 29 2004, 09:41 PM'] when SNL was still decent. [/quote] Land shark :ph34r: :crackup:
ilovechrist Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 when hanson was young.. they sucked. now that they're older... the songs are better, but they still look ridiculous. i remember Walker Texas Ranger... Boy Meets World.. those were the GOOD shows.
azaelia Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 [quote name='ilovechrist' date='May 29 2004, 10:05 PM'] i remember Walker Texas Ranger... Boy Meets World.. those were the GOOD shows. [/quote] Boy Meets World ruled Not Walker
cantstopdancin9 Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 I LOOOOOVE BOY MEETS WORLD! Cory: "You can take the keys, but you can't take my freedom!" Eric and the Feeny call!!!! hahahhahaha!!!!!! Shawn: "I don't know why Tapanga left, I mean these waffles are really good." Am I the only one that has seen EVERY episode there is to see? lol
Colleen Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 [quote name='cantstopdancin9' date='May 29 2004, 09:13 PM'] Am I the only one that has seen EVERY episode there is to see? lol [/quote] I've seen quite a few of them. I don't know about all, though. Eric: No, not Eric, not anymore Jack: Okay, what is your name [i]now[/i]? Eric: Plays With Squirrels
azaelia Posted May 30, 2004 Posted May 30, 2004 I watched it religiously every night, so I think I've seen them all. I almost cried when I watched the last episode.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now