An Old School Catholic Message Board

Woman "bishop" Calls St. Paul A "bigot"

OnlySunshine

ugh, is that literally something she said? I only skimmed the article, but I missed that gem. May God have mercy on her and all of those she leads astray.

serious question tho, it seems like St. paul only cast out the demon when he became annoyed? Shouldn't he have been more on-top of that ish?

serious question tho, it seems like St. paul only cast out the demon when he became annoyed? Shouldn't he have been more on-top of that ish?

Perhaps he should have been, but then again Jesus seemed to be pretty annoyed with the money changers in the Temple.   :smile4:

Basilisa Marie

Salvation comes not from being cleansed of our sins by the atoning sacrificial death of Jesus Christ, but through the divinization of humanity through the work of the human will. 

She never said this.  The author of the linked article did.  I highly doubt that even she would say that Jesus doesn't save.  It's not a fair criticism. 

Edited by Basilisa Marie

She never said this.  The author of the linked article did.  I highly doubt that even she would say that Jesus doesn't save.  It's not a fair criticism. 

I agree. Besides deification brings about the cleansing of sin.

Vincent Vega

[Insert kind way of saying that Jefferts-Schiori is an airhead here.] 

That said, don't take her words as being indicative of the entire Episcopal church. There are many devout, bible-believing Episcopalians who are earnestly trying to discern and work towards the truth (cf. everything that's been going on with TEC in South Carolina recently). To think that Jefferts-Schiori/Spong/et al speak for the whole of the ECUSA would be to make the same mistake as somebody who thinks that Schönborn or Mahoney speak for the entire Roman Church. There are wackos in every group. 

Perhaps she stayed at a Holiday Inn Express the night before.

The TEC 'Presiding Bishop's' address was given in Curaçao; had she been drinking some beforehand, I wonder? That would be a charitable explanation...
All this, of course,  will help the ecumenical process no end; I would love to be a fly on the wall when they come across reports of her sermon in the Moscow Patriarchate....

All this, of course,  will help the ecumenical process no end; I would love to be a fly on the wall when they come across reports of her sermon in the Moscow Patriarchate....

That would be interesting, but ecumenism (i.e., in the sense of the restoration of communion) between the Anglican communities and Orthodoxy has been dead for some time. Orthodoxy sees most of Western Europe as missionary territory.

I know. I didn't mean it as "something she said". Just the statement itself is enough to make me face-palm..