An Old School Catholic Message Board

Id This Habit Please

Kateri89

Here is where the photo is on Dreamstime, which is a photo service.

The title of the page is "Missionary nuns waiting inside the cathedral."

Underneath the photo it says "On Friday procession of holy week of the brotherhood of the passion of the gentleman, taken image the april 2, 2010 in Pamplona, Spain."

Here is the photo on the photographer's site. Perhaps someone who reads Spanish could glean some more clues. The photographer's site is here.

Perhaps I can find something else if I look a bit longer.

ChristinaTherese

Here is what I found (my translation is in red):

Descripción Description

Monjas misioneras esperando a salir en procesión de la Catedral de Pamplona. Missionary nuns waiting to leave in procession from the Cathedral of Pamplona.

Lugar Place

Comunidad de Navarra, Navarra, Pamplona/Iruña Community of Navarra, Navarra, Pamplona/Iruña

Tags Tags

Católica, Católico, Católicos, Comunidad, Comunidad de navarra, Costalera, Costaleras, Costalero, Costaleros, Demostración, Demostraciones, España, Fe, Figura, Figuras, Gente, Monjas, Navarra, Pamplona, Pamplona/iruña, Paso, Pasos, Penitencia, Penitente, Penitentes, Porteador, Porteadores, Procesión, Procesiones, Religión, Religiones, Religiosa, Religiosas, Vertical, Verticales  Catholic, Catholics, Community, Community of Navarra, float bearer, float bearers, demonstration, demonstrations, Spain, faith, figure, figures, people, nuns, Navarra, Pamplona, Pamplona/iruña, way, ways, penitence, penitent, penitents, bearer/porter, bearers/porters, procession, processions, religions, religions, religious, vertical

My translation of the tags may be off a bit. But the description and place are probably more helpful anyway.

Also, it looks like there's more than one order present. (Note the different lengths of veils and presence/absence of scapulars.)

There are the Hermanos de San Juan Diego. They seem to have sisters or nuns, as well and they have white scapulars, but I don't think these are the ones in the photo.

Yes I also think there are two different orders in the photo. I assumed the question was about the ones with white scapulars.

There are the Famiglia Mariana Le Cinque Pietre, but they seem to be Italian and I also don't think these are the ones in the other photo.

There are the Schola Veritas who are at least Spanish.

Edited by Lumiere

Totally Franciscan

My guess is that it is the same order, as the veil type is the same, but the short veils probably are novices.  There are several religious communities that have shorter veils for novices and/or junior professed as opposed to professed.  Unfortunately I have no idea which community this is.  Sorry.

TheLordsSouljah

My guess is that it is the same order, as the veil type is the same, but the short veils probably are novices.  There are several religious communities that have shorter veils for novices and/or junior professed as opposed to professed.  Unfortunately I have no idea which community this is.  Sorry.

but some of them have white scapulars... and others have a stiff veil... it's strange. But beautiful :)

ChristinaTherese

But the ones with shorter veils are the ones with scapulars. So, if they are the same order, it would have to be longer veils for novices.

I wouldn't be too surprised if this photo was from the same procession as the other, though, which would help explain why they're together in both pictures.