An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hello From The Isle Of Wight

Anselm

Dear all,

Though I'm still on retreat until tomorrow at a monastery here on the south coast of England, I thought I'd take advantage of a little phone signal to say hello and to say that I've been praying for all those discerning a vocation to the religious life, both here and when I went to Mass at the nearby convent this morning.

I don't want to leave! Coincidentally, when I arrived a few days ago another guest was an old friend from university whom I hadn't seen in two years. All in all, a lovely trip, but very thought provoking...

I'm glad your having such a good experience there. I look forward to hearing about it when you're back. :)

PhuturePriest

It's good to hear from you! I'll definitely be looking forward to you telling us all about it soon!

Elizabeth, I'm not sure what you mean. I live in England and just meant that I don't want to leave the monastery.

(Oh, and Luigi, I had a chat to the novice master yesterday ;-) )

Completely. Today is lovely too. The sun is shining, the pigs sunbathing and there was more asparagus for lunch! The guest master showed me around inside the enclosure earlier too - the library is fantastic! Beautiful Chapter House too.

PhuturePriest

Completely. Today is lovely too. The sun is shining, the pigs sunbathing and there was more asparagus for lunch! The guest master showed me around inside the enclosure earlier too - the library is fantastic! Beautiful Chapter House too.

Was the library as good as you mentioned it would be?