An Old School Catholic Message Board

American Multinational Oil Company Says 'no' To Homosexual Age

jmjtina

Norseman82

Not surprising.  Exxon-Mobil is on the list of companies that I believe Ave Maria funds holds stock in.

Taildeer.  But it looks like more of the usual "climate change" globaloney.

But this begs the question: since apparently I'm a horrible, awful person who doesn't care about my kids because I support some evil, evil oil corporation by filling 'er up at the pump, what, Oh Wise One, is the correct, moral course of action you take when driving your car and the needle on the fuel gauge starts heading to the "Empty" mark?

For me to take?  I don't drive or use public transportation.  But that's because I'm lucky to be in a situation where neither is necessary for me.  For a thinking decent human being who isn't in such a position?  Probably to fill up their tank.  We have an economy structured around fossil fuels.  That's not the fault of any one individual.  You're doing an awful, terrible thing in expending your energies actively opposing policies that will stop a phenomena that is currently altering the earth in ways that will make the lives of your children more difficult.  It's not like you really have any excuse for pushing your awful sophistry.  Scientifically literate phatmassers like LD have ravaged your feeble attempts at arguing the issue in substance on multiple occasions.  You have no excuse for being as wrong as you are and yet you persist, pushing your bullpoo, doing your own tiny part to make the ecosystem less and less habitable for your children and grand-children.  

Chestertonian

Alas, science has been so politicized that no one knows what to believe anymore.

Alas, science has been so politicized that no one knows what to believe anymore.

Have you been here any of the times L_D has posted about this issue?

Nope.  Not really.  Science works pretty well everywhere.  That's why it's the GLOBAL scientific consensus rather than the scientific consensus of the left-wing of the American Democratic party.  

Why?  Did L_D completely demolish the intellectual charlatanism of our local sophists or something?

Chestertonian

Yeah, pretty funny. Definitely sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

Nihil Obstat

Yeah, pretty funny. Definitely sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

He knows what he is talking about on quite a few different subjects.

Chestertonian

Nope.  Not really.  Science works pretty well everywhere.  That's why it's the GLOBAL scientific consensus rather than the scientific consensus of the left-wing of the American Democratic party.  

Science does, yes. Ideology that masks itself in science does not.

Chestertonian

Why?  Did L_D completely demolish the intellectual charlatanism of our local sophists or something?

So you form your opinions based on scientific consensus, right?

So you form your opinions based on scientific consensus, right?

No. I'm not a robot. And I'm not pretending that I am some purely rational being. But I try not to promote opinions that are totally contrary to the global scientific consensus regarding an issue that will seriously impact the lives of millions or billions of people. Because that's irresponsible. That's also why, despite being on the far libertarian left, you will never see me advocate the sudden abolition of capitalism.

Science does, yes. Ideology that masks itself in science does not.

Fortunately that has nothing to do with climate change.  

For me to take?  I don't drive or use public transportation.  But that's because I'm lucky to be in a situation where neither is necessary for me.  For a thinking decent human being who isn't in such a position?  Probably to fill up their tank.  We have an economy structured around fossil fuels.  That's not the fault of any one individual.  You're doing an awful, terrible thing in expending your energies actively opposing policies that will stop a phenomena that is currently altering the earth in ways that will make the lives of your children more difficult.  It's not like you really have any excuse for pushing your awful sophistry.  Scientifically literate phatmassers like LD have ravaged your feeble attempts at arguing the issue in substance on multiple occasions.  You have no excuse for being as wrong as you are and yet you persist, pushing your bullpoo, doing your own tiny part to make the ecosystem less and less habitable for your children and grand-children.  

As you correctly note, most of us are not in a position where not driving is a feasible option.  Though I'm not against using public transportation (I myself prefer to use the metro in D.C.)  However, even your public transport no doubt runs on fossil fuels, and I'm sure you drive or ride in a car when necessary.

Exactly what policies that I oppose would stop global warming?  Even scientists convinced of man-made global warming say that nothing short of a total global ban on all "greenhouse gas" emissions would have any real effect at all on the climate.  Somehow I doubt even you would welcome the consequences of such drastic action.  Currently, we simply don't have a viable large-scale replacement for fossil fuels as a major energy source.  I support human freedom and property rights, and oppose government policies that would have negligible effect at best on climate, but very real crippling effects on the economy - which would seriously increase poverty.

And I can guarantee that my own personal carbon print is a tiny fraction of Al Gore's

But sorry for not sharing your pc opinions.

If you're so concerned about the environment, go out and plant a true.  Internet beeshing doesn't do poo for the earth (and fossil fuels are being burned to keep you pc juiced.)

Well, it's truly heartening to see how the phatmass peanut gallery thinks that Exxon Mobil giving money to Planned Parenthood is so crazy dope, yo!

Sadly, it seems that pretty much every major corporation out there funds that vile organization.

Are there any major oil companies that don't give to PP or similar organizations?  (Serious, earnest question.)