An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just When I Thought I Was Going To Have To Go Be A Hermit . . .

Golden Years

Golden Years

I got a call last night from one of the Carmels I contacted way back in April!  :woot:

To say that I am shocked and amazed is a gross understatement.  I had really given up hope.

It was too late to return the call last night (different time zones), but I will this evening.  Please pray for me!

Thank you Lord!!!   :nun2:

OK I just learned that if you press the spacebar next to the little dancing nun you can make her dance all the way across the page..... :child:

How do you say "Hooray!!!" in Latin?  Hooremus?  :lol:

Golden Years

Thanks ya'll!  :smile2:

I talked to Sr. M. last night for about 15 minutes.  She apologized for not getting back to me sooner, but she apparently had some minor surgery and she is just now getting caught up with things.  She wanted to know more about my son (who is a disabled adult) and his living situation, whether or not he is dependent on me, etc.  They are being very careful to be considerate of him and his needs.  They are actually going to check with a canon lawyer to make sure that legally (under Church law) I am able to enter religious life.  Kind of made me realize how serious this is.  I mean, I know it's serious, but this really brought it home and out of the fluffy white clouds of fantasy.  I'm just still amazed that they are willing to consider me at all given my situation and my history.  And it's not like they are desperate for vocations or anything. 

Meanwhile, I am learning (I think) to keep my focus on Jesus, and not on a particular community, at least until I am accepted somewhere.  Communities can disappoint, but the Lord will not.  My job is to remain open and humble and docile and accepting.  Not my usual approach to things.  (Old dog, new tricks.) 

VeniJesuAmorMi

Thanks ya'll!  :smile2:

I talked to Sr. M. last night for about 15 minutes.  She apologized for not getting back to me sooner, but she apparently had some minor surgery and she is just now getting caught up with things.  She wanted to know more about my son (who is a disabled adult) and his living situation, whether or not he is dependent on me, etc.  They are being very careful to be considerate of him and his needs.  They are actually going to check with a canon lawyer to make sure that legally (under Church law) I am able to enter religious life.  Kind of made me realize how serious this is.  I mean, I know it's serious, but this really brought it home and out of the fluffy white clouds of fantasy.  I'm just still amazed that they are willing to consider me at all given my situation and my history.  And it's not like they are desperate for vocations or anything. 

Meanwhile, I am learning (I think) to keep my focus on Jesus, and not on a particular community, at least until I am accepted somewhere.  Communities can disappoint, but the Lord will not.  My job is to remain open and humble and docile and accepting.  Not my usual approach to things.  (Old dog, new tricks.) 

Wonderful! This must be an exciting time for you. I really admire their prudence in wanting to be sure of God's will before all else. This way is always best for the individual and the community. Prayers for you and please say a prayer for me also! :)

Golden Years

Wonderful! This must be an exciting time for you. I really admire their prudence in wanting to be sure of God's will before all else. This way is always best for the individual and the community. Prayers for you and please say a prayer for me also! :)

Thank you ~ yes it is very exciting but also sobering, as I am becoming more and more aware that it's really all in God's hands.  Will definitely say prayers for you too!