DiscerningCatholic Posted June 10, 2013 Author Posted June 10, 2013 Have you ever tried leading your life with power and intimidation? Don't knock it until you've tried it. It's really not my thing, FP... :unsure:
PhuturePriest Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 It's really not my thing, FP... :unsure: How do you know if something is not your thing if you haven't tried it? As I am constantly reminded about food, I can't say I hate it unless I've actually tasted it.
AnneLine Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 Just give 'em some space, DC. Sounds like they are upset about something that probably isn't really about you... but you inadvertently hit one of their buttons and they are making it about you. Just pray for 'em and leave 'em alone. We love you. :console:
DiscerningCatholic Posted June 10, 2013 Author Posted June 10, 2013 Well, they claim that it has been "building and building for months"...but if that's so and NOBODY said anything to me, I really don't believe it.
HisChildForever Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 They sound like toxic people. I'd cut them off.
Maggyie Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 I don't get it?? Do they think you are being braggy or something?? The only thing that I could see would annoy them would be the discerning since 3 thing, most toddlers don't really have the intellectual capacity to begin discerning a call as the Church truly understands it (thinking nuns are cool or pretty or wanting to be one when you grow up doesn't really count, I wanted to be a bathtub when I grew up). But still what's the big deal. People are weird. Sadly this behavior is not limited to high schoolers.
Dr. Bombay Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 The simple solution is to delete your FB account. I've been FB free since 2008 and have not regretted it. Is the advantage of FB (whatever it might be) worth the agony and stress you've gone through in the past 24 hours? Besides, we now know the NSA is creeping your profile like the nosy pervs they are. Ponder that one if you will.
vee Posted June 10, 2013 Posted June 10, 2013 So basically, people are getting mad because I left a couple of comments that THEY interepreted to be "immature" or something else - which was definitely NOT my intention - and instead of THEM doing the mature thing and telling me directly that something I said upset them, they're all going to someone ELSE to complain. And then of course this someone else thinks that I desperately need to mature and, in her words, "need to grow the hell up" and that I desperately need help. The reason she thinks I shouldn't get mad over this is because she's "going through some s%$^ right now and isn't in the mood to hear it." Well, you can be going through whatever s%$^ you please, but that does NOT mean that I have to be a doormat for people who are too cowardly to just address a problem directly. It's not so much WHAT they're saying about me as it is HOW they're saying it. I don't give a toss as to what people think of me; they could call me names to my face for all I care. But if they deal with a problem they think I have by going to SOMEONE ELSE instead of me but still expect me to magically fix everything, then I have a problem. The way that people have "dealt" with this is about as logical as throwing a temper tantrum because you're tired of someone else's temper tantrums. You can't fix something you perceive as immaturity by acting in an immature fashion. And what really irks me is that the someone who told me about this keeps saying, "THEY'RE HIGH SCHOOLERS. THEY'RE GOING TO TALK BEHIND YOUR BACK." So that makes THEIR immature behavior okay, but it's still okay for them to be stomping all over me for a few comments that they felt were immature. The whole thing is so hypocritical, which is really what's making me angry. And the person who told me about this won't tell me WHO has been talking about me OR what they've been saying, so I STILL don't know specifically what the problem is. I can't fix a problem that I don't know about. And I will NOT walk on eggshells/stop commenting on things because some people's precious fee-fees might get hurt might misinterpret my comments. And then this someone's FIANCE messaged me last night. He thought he could just tell me to listen to him and to go along with everything he told me to do...I'VE NEVER EVEN TALKED TO THE GUY. And then he had the nerve to tell me, "DO NOT GROW BALLS AND DISRESPECT MY FIANCE." WHILE TELLING ME THAT I AM SUPPOSED TO JUST SIT BACK AND LISTEN TO AND AGREE WITH PEOPLE WHO DISRESPECT *ME.* Like I said, it's the hypocrisy and immaturity of how EVERYONE ELSE is dealing with this that's making me mad. Not the fact that people have a problem with something I'm doing. So I'm not sure how I am supposed to deal with this. I've considered unfriending the someone, but that's not going to fix anything; it's just going to make her more mad at me than she already is. after reading all this and before reading anything else in the thread all I can say is its fb ban hammer time.
LittleWaySoul Posted June 11, 2013 Posted June 11, 2013 Just give 'em some space, DC. Sounds like they are upset about something that probably isn't really about you... but you inadvertently hit one of their buttons and they are making it about you. Just pray for 'em and leave 'em alone. We love you. :console: I don't get it?? Do they think you are being braggy or something?? The only thing that I could see would annoy them would be the discerning since 3 thing, most toddlers don't really have the intellectual capacity to begin discerning a call as the Church truly understands it (thinking nuns are cool or pretty or wanting to be one when you grow up doesn't really count, I wanted to be a bathtub when I grew up). But still what's the big deal. People are weird. Sadly this behavior is not limited to high schoolers. All of this. Just pray for them, and don't worry about it too much. I stalked your Facebook profile after seeing this and I find nothing whatsoever offensive. Just a ton of Catholicism, which, if they aren't Catholic, maybe that's why they're offended, but if that's the case, oh well. You're not being rude about your faith or pushing it on anyone. You're just talking about it like you would anything else you love. And there's nothing wrong with that. Take heart, and pray for them :console: I'll pray for everyone involved!
Papist Posted June 11, 2013 Posted June 11, 2013 Just give 'em some space, DC. Sounds like they are upset about something that probably isn't really about you... but you inadvertently hit one of their buttons and they are making it about you. Just pray for 'em and leave 'em alone. We love you. :console: That is what I am suspecting too. It is more about them than DC.
DiscerningCatholic Posted June 11, 2013 Author Posted June 11, 2013 All of this. Just pray for them, and don't worry about it too much. I stalked your Facebook profile after seeing this and I find nothing whatsoever offensive. Just a ton of Catholicism, which, if they aren't Catholic, maybe that's why they're offended, but if that's the case, oh well. You're not being rude about your faith or pushing it on anyone. You're just talking about it like you would anything else you love. And there's nothing wrong with that. Take heart, and pray for them :console: I'll pray for everyone involved! It's supposedly stuff I've commented elsewhere. :pinch:
Dr. Bombay Posted June 11, 2013 Posted June 11, 2013 Another thing to keep in mind is don't throw your pearls before swine, lest they turn and tear you. Or, alternatively, don't give bread to dogs. QED
LittleWaySoul Posted June 11, 2013 Posted June 11, 2013 It's supposedly stuff I've commented elsewhere. :pinch: Well, then just pray for them and don't worry too much. If it's a serious problem someone will eventually tell you what you're doing wrong. If not, there's no need to worry. Either way, you're not at fault because you don't think you're doing anything wrong. So just don't worry too much and pray for them :amen: :)
Dr. Bombay Posted June 11, 2013 Posted June 11, 2013 [url=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/incedo/media/ForSomeoneWeDislike_zps2ca3888b.jpg.html][/URL]
DiscerningCatholic Posted June 11, 2013 Author Posted June 11, 2013 Is the advantage of FB (whatever it might be) worth the agony and stress you've gone through in the past 24 hours? I'm praying about unfriending her. Aside from this one incident, everything has been fine. The only thing that I could see would annoy them would be the discerning since 3 thing, most toddlers don't really have the intellectual capacity to begin discerning a call as the Church truly understands it (thinking nuns are cool or pretty or wanting to be one when you grow up doesn't really count, I wanted to be a bathtub when I grew up). I mean...Therese wanted to be a nun when she was TWO...so...not like it matters.
Lilllabettt Posted June 11, 2013 Posted June 11, 2013 yeah, two year olds don't discern. They want. And they don't want.
DiscerningCatholic Posted June 11, 2013 Author Posted June 11, 2013 yeah, two year olds don't discern. They want. And they don't want. That's exactly it. I said I WANTED to be a nun, not that I was discerning to be a nun when I was 3.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now