franciscanheart Posted June 20, 2013 Posted June 20, 2013 ANYWAY...I don't own one but I've used one. I think it's great for people trying to cut back, but I don't like the dependence they have on them. I also don't like how rude people are about them since it's just vapor.I managed to quit smoking but went back to it occasionally to calm my nerves. I'm smoking real cigarettes though so I don't get too attached.
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted June 21, 2013 Posted June 21, 2013 Uh, where did you learn that? I was always under the impression that it referred a state of hysteria or nervousness (sometimes even depression), particularly in women. In literature, for example, a scenario such as "She had a case of the vapours," woman received unpleasant news and gets all worked up and faints. Things like that. Google affirms that definition. I thought my mom told me that growing up, dunno will have to dig to find where I got that one.
franciscanheart Posted June 21, 2013 Posted June 21, 2013 I just read my response. It sounds ... not nice. Kinda snotty. Didn't mean it that way. I LOVE when people who vape blow it in my face. LOVE. And I am jealous that they don't smell and can smoke literally anywhere. But it was TOUGH quitting and with so few obvious negatives, I imagine I'd be vaping for life...
Seven77 Posted June 21, 2013 Posted June 21, 2013 Sometimes there were vapers on phatmass, that is what regulators used to be for.
Gabriela Posted June 21, 2013 Posted June 21, 2013 Ok, I'm seriously looking into these today in the hopes of buying one tonight. I hope someone's out there to answer this question: What is the difference between the ecigs that come "with refills" and those that have "atomizers"? They look really different.
Gabriela Posted June 21, 2013 Posted June 21, 2013 So I'm on attempt # 10,547,563 of quitting smoking. It's been 11 days so far and I must say it's been the most enjoyable quit so far thanks to e cigarettes! I was wondering if any PM'ers like to vape as well? I currently have a Vision Spinner variable voltage/wattage battery with an iClear 16 clearomizer. I've got 3 different flavors, all in 16mg: pineapple, Mountain Dew (tastes sooo good!), and strawbacco, which is a strawberry/tobacco mix. Yummy. These devices are a lifesaver! My dad has cut back to 5-10 cigs a day vs. 30+ with his new kit, my friend has quit all together with e cigs, I love em! So are there any nerds like me around PM? :bounce: ZZ, have you felt better since switching to ecigs? I mean: Is your lung capacity improved? Do you have more energy? Does your mouth feel/taste better? (Sorry to get personal... No need to answer anything you're uncomfortable with!)
Chestertonian Posted June 21, 2013 Posted June 21, 2013 Ok, I'm seriously looking into these today in the hopes of buying one tonight. I hope someone's out there to answer this question: What is the difference between the ecigs that come "with refills" and those that have "atomizers"? They look really different. Refills are simply pre-filled cartomizers. I've never used one, tbh, but most people who vape buy atomizers and fill them with their own e-liquid. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/ This forum is really helpful. There's a 'new user' section that I've found to be really informative.
franciscanheart Posted June 21, 2013 Posted June 21, 2013 What Chestertonian said. I think it's going to come down to personal preference. I know a lot of people who want to fill their own cartridges with liquid as necessary; others like the convenience and lack of mess. (The ones that require the user to add liquid sometimes leak onto your fingers or lips. Nothing serious, but annoying.)
Gabriela Posted June 21, 2013 Posted June 21, 2013 Do you see that little button in the middle of this one: http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10001733/1317600-ego-t-3-in-1-usb-rechargeable-1100mah-electronic-c Is that just to take the two pieces apart, or is this one of those models you have to press a button on to make it vape? I checked the specs on ones with buttons and ones without and nothing indicates whether it's "automatic" or "button-operated".
Chestertonian Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 That's a button operated one. The top half is the 'clearomizer,' and the bottom half is the battery. The clearomizer just unscrews from the battery. fwiw, i like the button operated ones better because they generally have a better battery life.
Gabriela Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 That's a button operated one. The top half is the 'clearomizer,' and the bottom half is the battery. The clearomizer just unscrews from the battery. fwiw, i like the button operated ones better because they generally have a better battery life. That's good to know. I just preferred the shape to the short, stubby ones. Some of them almost look like pipes for smoking weed... So, are all the ones with atomizers (as opposed to cartomizers) going to be button-operated? I can't seem to find a cigarette-shaped one that doesn't have a button it... This website is pretty hard to navigate!
Chestertonian Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 That's good to know. I just preferred the shape to the short, stubby ones. Some of them almost look like pipes for smoking weed... So, are all the ones with atomizers (as opposed to cartomizers) going to be button-operated? I can't seem to find a cigarette-shaped one that doesn't have a button it... This website is pretty hard to navigate! Ya, the layout of that website is stupid. Batteries and atomizers/cartomizers are interchangeable. I'm not sure about the cigarette shaped ones as I've never used them (other than the disposable ones).
Gabriela Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 Ya, the layout of that website is stupid. Batteries and atomizers/cartomizers are interchangeable. I'm not sure about the cigarette shaped ones as I've never used them (other than the disposable ones). See, this is another reason I shied away from ecigs: They are just SO complicated. Seriously. TOO MUCH CHOICE. It's like the flipping cereal aisle x10,000. Ok, one last question and then I'm just going to buy one and see what happens. How long will a bottle of this liquid last: http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/review/product/list/id/165/category/8/ ? I mean, obviously it will depend on how much I vape. But let's say I smoke a pack a day. Would that bottle last a week? A month? It looks REALLY tiny...
Chestertonian Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 See, this is another reason I shied away from ecigs: They are just SO complicated. Seriously. TOO MUCH CHOICE. It's like the flipping cereal aisle x10,000. Ok, one last question and then I'm just going to buy one and see what happens. How long will a bottle of this liquid last: http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/review/product/list/id/165/category/8/ ? I mean, obviously it will depend on how much I vape. But let's say I smoke a pack a day. Would that bottle last a week? A month? It looks REALLY tiny... A little goes a long way. That bottle looks like it's about 10ml, which equals about one carton of cigarettes. I asked a ton of questions when I first started, and tbh, there's a huge learning curve. Don't be afraid to PM me whenever you want to and I'll be happy to help however I can.
Gabriela Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 A little goes a long way. That bottle looks like it's about 10ml, which equals about one carton of cigarettes. I asked a ton of questions when I first started, and tbh, there's a huge learning curve. Don't be afraid to PM me whenever you want to and I'll be happy to help however I can. I love you, sir. Thank you so much. :cry4:
Chestertonian Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 I love you, sir. Thank you so much. :cry4: Sure. :) Let me know how it goes.
RCIA ~ Class of 09 Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 I love you, sir. Thank you so much. :cry4: That's funny....I love him too...But I refuse to call him sir! :P
Gabriela Posted June 22, 2013 Posted June 22, 2013 Sure. :) Let me know how it goes. Bought the ecig with the button and three flavors of Liqua. When they get here, I will update. :-)
jeffboom Posted June 23, 2013 Posted June 23, 2013 The only thing worth vaporizing doesn't contain any nicotine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now