Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

I saw this on the Drudge Report... rather aggrivated by it. How can people be so bloody selfish and idiotic?

[url="http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm"]http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm[/url]

[i]Those with conditions that can usually be corrected medically - such as deformed feet and cleft lips and palates - are instead being terminated.

And the number of abortions of Down's syndrome babies now outstrips live births, despite the fact that those with the condition can live a long and fulfilling life. As screening techniques improve, the trend is likely to grow - horrifying pro-life campaigners. [/i]

Pray.

In Christ,
Dave

immaculata
Posted

That just disgusts me. :angry:

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[font="Courier"]God bless the Drudge Report[/font] :cool:

Posted

Ay Dios Mio. This makes me so sad/angry/I-need-to-pray-a-rosary-now-y :wacko:

daugher-of-Mary
Posted

That's utterly disgusting. :sadder: Some of the most beautiful people I've ever met are kids with down's syndrome.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

People are way too selfish.

[quote] That's utterly disgusting.  Some of the most beautiful people I've ever met are kids with down's syndrome.[/quote]

Ditto. I used to help with the "handicap swim" at my high school. This is a tragedy.

Posted

it's basically like what the Nazis did...eliminate the "weak"...or so they were labeled

Posted

It should be no surprise really. The article is discussing the situation in the UK. The influence of the eugenics philosophy on the promotion and availability of contraception and abortion as part of this is well documented and of course eugenics has as it's ideal a 'pure master race' so anyone who doesn't fit this ideal is expendable.

What bothers me is the complete lack of honesty on the part of the doctors performing the abortions. I still have the chilling account of the doctor in the abortion programme shown on TV 'my foetus' saying he carries them out 'in order to protect the rights of the unborn baby because it's unwanted'.





Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us......

Posted (edited)

:bugeyes: SAY WHAT?!?!?

Holy Mother of God...:sadder:

My best friend's older brother is mentally handicapped, and they didn't think he was going to live past his 4th birthday...and he's almost 20 now. He wasn't supposed to walk either, and he won ribbons in the Special Olympics for track. He's getting a job now. I can't imagine what life would be like without him...

God won't put up with this for much longer...and that scares me :unsure:

Edited by azaelia
let_go_let_God
Posted

I mean being mentally or physically disabled is a blessing. Now hear me out, you and I couldn't probably imagine going through life with some disability, but God doesn't give someone something that they can't handle. One of my friends told me "God doesn't choose the qualified, He qualifies the chosen." One of my best friends, his brother I think has downs syndrome, I don't know him that well. Well I was my other friends Confirmation sponsor and I was talking with both friends. My friends brother comes up and starts to talk with us and he is an amazing person. God is qualifying His chosen, and that is not something we should be messing with.

I have one other story, when I was in 5th grade I was shot in the foot while I was hunting. (Long story don't feel like explaining it) I have a deformed foot, and I have extreamly bad problems with my balence. I've taken that injury and worked around it. If any problems arise because of that injury, I offer my issues up. That injury, almost 8 years later, has been a blessing.

Posted

Who among us is perfect? Are we all to feel guilty for our imperfections? It also fosters the lie that we have to materially contribute to society. The love and simple faith of a person with downs syndrome contributes much more to the betterment of society than these abortion [i]'doctors'[/i].

Ash Wednesday
Posted

It's a "Brave New World" after all. :sadder:

BeenaBobba
Posted

It's absolutely horrible! What's next -- the "merciful" killing of the deformed and handicapped? I hate to say it, but that's probably not too far off in the future. I'm interested in the Russian Imperial family, and as many of you might know, the last Tsarevitch, Alexei Romanov, had hemophilia. I was doing some research on hemophilia, and I found out that abortion is an "option" for a mother carrying a hemophiliac. How sick! Hemophilia is a very manageable disease, too, and even if it wasn't, that'd be no excuse for the murder of a sick child. If life is a fundamental right, which it is, then it'd follow that a "defective" life is better than no life at all.

God bless,

Jennifer

immaculata
Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='Jun 1 2004, 02:23 AM'] It's a "Brave New World" after all. :sadder: [/quote]
:cry: That book is twisted. :cry:

stargirl3:16
Posted

God, help us all...

cmotherofpirl
Posted

I used to teach retarded adults who had spent their lives in institutions. They had to learn to do everything in the outside world, from flushing a toilet to going shopping for the first time in their life.
But nobody had to teach them how to love.

Posted

Anybody I see with down syndrom is my buddy. There is a kid at Kevins school(my boyfriend) who is mentally slow, but what a dancer he is! Ive been to two dances he's been at, and he can move! Its great watching him "shake his thang" on that dance floor. Hes such a ham, and never ceases to bring a smile and a laugh to my lips.

Brave New World indeed...

Posted

These aren't "vanity" abortions, but "superior race" abortions.

Superior race, where have we heard that phrase before?

Millions of people lost their lives fighting the guy who coined the thinking.

His name was Adolf Hitler and it was WW2.

Amazing that within 60 years of that we have couples in this world putting together the perfect genetic baby and now the way a baby's mouth is forming could depend on it surviving the mother's whim and the "doctor's" procedure.

Posted

It really does sound like "Brave New World"

Awful, just awful.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

[quote] That book is twisted.  [/quote]

But it's also prophetic in a lot of ways. :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...