An Old School Catholic Message Board

Name That Order

Mary+Immaculate<3

Mary+Immaculate<3

I was at Mass this morning and there was a sister that I opened the door for. I didn't introduce myself afterwards as I was headed to Adoration to make my thanksgiving. I was just wondering if any of you recognized her habit from the description I can give, although it all went very fast. She was on her own, so she must have driven there, since there are no religious communities in my town and none in my area with this habit (that I know of), so an order that has active sisters (some of who an drive). She had an almost-navy royal blue jumper on with a white blouse (I think) underneath. She had a matching color of blue veil with a white "headband". I don't know if all the sisters in her order do this, but she was wearing a Rosary around her neck. Over her heart she was wearing a patch that was pinned on. It was one of those ones with crocheted edges and an image inside, covered by clear plastic. The crocheted "lace" edge of the patch was blue as well. That is all I observed in the small amount of time I saw her. Please tell me what order she is if you can. I'll do a quick google search, but I don't think I'll have much luck.

Edited by Mary+Immaculate<3

Mary+Immaculate<3

Also, I don't remember what image the patch had on it, but my best guess is the Immaculate Heart of Mary, or maybe the Sacred Heart of Jesus.

OnlySunshine

MI, I'm still trying to figure it out.  I remember seeing another order close to what you are talking about but I can't remember them off the top of my head.  You live in the USA, right?

Mary+Immaculate<3

MI, I'm still trying to figure it out. I remember seeing another order close to what you are talking about but I can't remember them off the top of my head. You live in the USA, right?

Yes.

dymphnamaria

I was at Mass this morning and there was a sister that I opened the door for. I didn't introduce myself afterwards as I was headed to Adoration to make my thanksgiving. I was just wondering if any of you recognized her habit from the description I can give, although it all went very fast. She was on her own, so she must have driven there, since there are no religious communities in my town and none in my area with this habit (that I know of), so an order that has active sisters (some of who an drive). She had an almost-navy royal blue jumper on with a white blouse (I think) underneath. She had a matching color of blue veil with a white "headband". I don't know if all the sisters in her order do this, but she was wearing a Rosary around her neck. Over her heart she was wearing a patch that was pinned on. It was one of those ones with crocheted edges and an image inside, covered by clear plastic. The crocheted "lace" edge of the patch was blue as well. That is all I observed in the small amount of time I saw her. Please tell me what order she is if you can. I'll do a quick google search, but I don't think I'll have much luck.

Did you happen to meet the sister again?

Mary+Immaculate<3

Did you happen to meet the sister again?

No, I'm afraid she was just visiting, because her community is definitely NOT within my diocese (there are 5 communities in my diocese).

Mary+Immaculate<3

The only community I can think of that's anywhere near this description is the newly forming Secular Institute (not sure what stage they're at) Franciscan Sisters of Mary - http://fsmcharism.net/

I think you nailed it! One of those sisters looks familiar. She was wearing a Rosary around her neck when I saw her, but maybe she just wanted to pray it ;)

Chiquitunga

I think you nailed it! One of those sisters looks familiar. She was wearing a Rosary around her neck when I saw her, but maybe she just wanted to pray it ;)

Great!! Glad to help solve the mystery! (hopefully that is)  :detective: