An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Recent Pope Has Been The Best?

dairygirl4u2c

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mary's Child

I said Benedict the XVI only because I actually got to see him and he blessed me. I love Pope Francis and John Paul II as well. Actually my favorite male saint is a toss up between Blessed John Paul II and St Padre Pio

That is like saying which person is the of the trinity is the best part of God!

Not quite. The question about which man has been the best recent pope is not irrational; while asking which person in the Trinity is the best "part" of God is utterly ludicrous.

lol I voted before I realized it said IX.  ah well.  I like all three of the candies pretty equally, but I definitely have an order of preference for the three popes... and of course, that's not a bad thing, all three of them are human beings with strengths and weaknesses and of course you're going to like some more than others.  if you want to insist you love them all equally like your children, that's all well and good, but Benedict was my man with the summorum pontificum and such.  it's kind of like "who's your favorite doctor?" and everyone under the age of 30 always picks David Tennant cause it's the cool thing to do but we're all still going to miss Matt Smith.

though I have pretty high hopes for some of the skull cracking Francis seems to be promising in the curia, which could give Benedict a run (in red shoes) for his money!

To Jesus Through Mary

Benedict IX? He is only recent if you count nearly 1,000 years ago as recent.

Bwahahaha

Yeah my vote is for St. Pius X.  

I refuse to speculate.

I wouldn't consider Benedict IX a recent pope, as he reigned in the 11th century, and was a puppet pope generally regarded as one of the worst popes ever.

I would not vote for any of the three popes listed. Pope Francis has not been pope all that long, and so any judgment about him would be utterly worthless; and Socrates is correct in his assessment of Pope Benedict IX, because he really was an awful pope.

Nihil Obstat

Next we should vote on worst pope. Who should be in the running?
Honorius I, Stephen VI, Benedict IX... I am sure we are missing a few.