An Old School Catholic Message Board

Soonercatholic's Clothing At Terre Haute Carmel

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

Some of you might remember SoonerCatholic who left last year to enter the Carmel at Terre Haute.  You'll be happy to know that she was just clothed as a novice on June 2nd -- the Feast of Corpus Christi.  Her baptismal name was Sarah and her religious name is Sr. Christine of the Eucharist!  To see a picture slideshow, follow these directions:

Click on this LINK

Click on "View flash content"

Click the "What's New" button at the bottom

The pictures are beautiful!  :)

Oh thank you for this Mater!  We need to cover this in the Sooner Catholic (The name of the Oklahoma City archdiocesan newspaper)  I'm a freelancer there so I will see if we can highlight this in our next issue!  I did not know Sarah personally.  I only PM'd her on Phatmass before she left.  But I'm thrilled for her, a fellow Sooner!  Yay! 

Chiquitunga

So wonderful!!! :nun2: Thanks for sharing! Yes, I remember her! I think she was a convert. Awesome! 

Thanks so much for sharing the link. I could feel her happiness radiating through my computer screen.

I must say that they have THE most beautiful, peaceful and prayerful  websites that I have ever visited.  If there monastery offers such, I can certainly understand why women would be drawn to that community.  Prayers for Sr. Christine...she looks happy and lovely.

thepiaheart

Can someone tell me if I'm just blind or if the photos are no longer up? I can't find them but would love to see them.

Thanks!

It seems they are no longer up.  I looked also today because I wanted our newspaper to cover the story. 

OnlySunshine

Yeesh, they didn't keep it up long!  Usually, they move the old stuff to the archive tab but it's not there either.  :(

It would appear she got bumped by the advertisement for their upcoming novena to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel!  Perhaps they will get the photos archived over the next few days, or put them back up after the novena....  

ACS67, why not suggest to the newspaper they contact the nuns directly?