An Old School Catholic Message Board

Stanbrook Abbey - Uk Benedictines?

Lil'Nun

Hi Pham,

After looking at Tyburn - and discounting it for the time being at least - I am thinking of contacting Stanbrook Abbey to find out more about the Sisters there.

Before I start getting my hopes up - is there anything I should know?

Has anyone discerned with them or entered there?

LN

OnlySunshine

My friend spent some time there as the order she was with was going through some changes and they didn't have a Novice Mistress at the time.  She said that it was beautiful.  She realized that she didn't have a vocation to monastic life but she loved how they chanted the Liturgy of the Hours.  One of her Sisters transferred there and is now a nun.  :)

graciandelamadrededios

Stanbrook Abbey is a member of the English Benedictine Congregation of the Order of Saint Benedict. 

Hi.

Thanks for your post. I did look at Minster but they have a firm age limit. At the moment I am thinking about both vowed life and being an Oblate - however I cannot see myself being involved with a Convent that has a strict age limit, even as an Oblate. 

I am considering just going on a retreat at Stanbrook. I feel the need for a retreat, but it might be difficult as they are still in the middle of building.

salveregina10

I have met some of the Nuns from Stanbrook.  They are joyful, prayerful, and creative women.  I recommend a visit or retreat :)

graciandelamadrededios

Benedictines at St Cecelia's (Ryde) Abbey are wonderful as well.

I love the Benedictine Nuns of Ryde Abbey.  The Nuns traslated the Gregorian Chant Hymns in English and now being used by other monastic Communities.  Currently Pink Sisters uses this hymns in their Divine Office.

Ryde Abbey is a member of Solesmes Congregation of the Order of Saint Benedict.