An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy Fourth Of July!

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

Happy Fourth of July, everyone! I hope you all stay safe! How are you all going to celebrate the holiday? My family always buys hundreds of dollars of fireworks and we light them off in our street (Small Kansas towns are cool like that). Do you ever get to light off fireworks, or are you unfortunate enough to live in a lame big city that hates fun?

homeschoolmom

I think he asks the questions in such a stupid convoluted way, half the people don't know what he's trying to be talking about. Starting out asking someone about the Chinese revolution (for example), sort of puts their mind in a different place and time. Now, granted many of those people were pretty ignorant. (But he did have to brush off the friends who knew he was full of it...)

Here's a refresher for those who need it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrSeCYSnj5Y

A nostalgic look back at the Phatmass celebrations on the Fourth of July in 2005. You can see floating hamburgers, flying pigs, teletubbies, tacos everywhere, and US flags moving around the screen:

phatmass_july_2005.jpg

A nostalgic look back at the Phatmass celebrations on the Fourth of July in 2005. You can see floating hamburgers, flying pigs, teletubbies, tacos everywhere, and US flags moving around the screen:

phatmass_july_2005.jpg

Ah the good olddays!

PhuturePriest

I got sunburnt after about 20 minutes outside...

Sigh. Happy 4th anyway :)

See, that's what's great about being slightly Indian: I'm white, but slightly dark enough to not ever get sunburns. :P

phatmass_july_2005.jpg

LOL I remember that.

Norseman82

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrSeCYSnj5Y

Did anyone catch the sign at 0:45 - "Nix on Geo III"? 

Am I the only one who caught the Watergate-era political jab?

("Nix on" / "Nixon")

Edited by Norseman82

ooo my favorite Twilight Zone is on. "You are obsolete Mr. Wordsworth!"

Edited by Era Might