An Old School Catholic Message Board

A New Road

Anselm

To Jesus Through Mary

Yesterday I had an interview with the Abbot and will shortly be formally applying to enter a Benedictine house here in the UK. I would be very grateful for your prayers!

Wooohhh Props! That is awesome! Please keep us posted on the process if you feel comfortable. 

ChristinaTherese

Great! :nunpray:

We need a male version of that praying nun don't we? ;)

Well, it's not a monk, but we have this: :priestpray:

ChristinaTherese

Okay, so I was guessing and the emoticon obviously didn't work. Here are all the ones I found that include priests (mostly intended to be the pope, so I don't suppose that they help) that we have.  :pope: (pope),  :pope2: (pope2),  :pope3: (pope3),  :dead: (dead), and the one that I was actually thinking of:  :priest: (priest). I don't think we have any of monks/friars/brothers though.

I like the monk swinging his rosary, but it's clipart, isn't it, rather than an emoticon?

I think you are right, Anselm... it's probably the Franciscan Cord (like the one I just 'borrowed' from Fr. Cappie's signature....)   (Stealing borrowing from a priest.  I'm in trouble now...)

photo-thumb-318.jpg?_r=1371126129

And yes, it was clipart, Antigonos.... there just don't seem to be a lot of priest emos.  I don't get it!

Golden Years

Congratulations Anselm!  Many blessings and please keep us posted!!!  :smile3: :like3: :smile2: