BG45 Posted July 8, 2013 Posted July 8, 2013 So Pham, a question. Should I go buy a set of like 5 pound weights for my office since I have the room to use and store them?
Nihil Obstat Posted July 8, 2013 Posted July 8, 2013 Rats. I was hoping this was an office supplies question. :(
AnneLine Posted July 8, 2013 Posted July 8, 2013 (edited) Double solution... pick up some 5 lb batches of office supplies. Weighty problem solved.... I actually have some 3 lb balls that I keep near my computer.... when I have a few mins, I put on one of the 10 or 15 minute utube videos and walk and carry/move the 3 lb balls. Works best of anything for me.... if you aren't sure how to do that, do a search for a Leslie Sansone walking video... she's irritating and boring, but the workouts work.... Once you've figured out how she has you doing the sets, you can do it to ANY of the videos. I'm currently working my way through the Coal House videos.... VERY interesting. Edited July 8, 2013 by AnneLine
CatherineM Posted July 8, 2013 Posted July 8, 2013 I'd get one of those bike pedal sets that you can use sitting in a chair. Cardio rules.
BG45 Posted July 8, 2013 Author Posted July 8, 2013 Tempting if I had the money on the cardio thing lol. AL, may look up those videos. The idea of what you were saying with the balls is kinda what I was thinking. Nihil...I kinda have plenty, any time I go through the main office I get stuff. :| Hi, my name is Phil, and I'm an office supply addict. I keep 2000 sheets of printer paper in my office "Just in case". (Semi-justified in that I used 1,000 pages last year.)
AnneLine Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 (edited) Here's the '1 mile walk' one which is 20 mins (or 2 10 mins if you prefer) I can GUARANTEE you will work up a sweat, so be prepared... [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2gn6-w0dE[/media] Once you have gotten the steps down, about 7 or 8 minutes in just pick up the weights and carry them... and use them as you do the hand stuff. You will be amazed how much tougher it gets when you do that. Put them down when she starts the slow down. If you are curious, there are also utube videos that show the balls being used, I think.... and you can use a couple of soup cans in the short term, btw.... ;) You'll need about 3 feet square to do the work out -- or adapt as needed for a different shaped area.... Her voice and babble is irritating... consider it a healthy penance... ;) Edited July 9, 2013 by AnneLine
Amppax Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 Small weights is a bench and a set of free weights yes? Joking aside, if having them there will be helpful to you in exercising, then yeah! But if they'll just sit there then I wouldn't bother. It is a good idea to get up and move from time to time, incorporate them into some of that? Side note, my dad tries to be all into fitness, but most of it is just drinking protein shakes. I've had one for breakfast every morning since I've been here.
CatherineM Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 I highly recommend a standing desk too. I loved mine back in the before time when I could stand for more than a minute.
missionseeker Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 I wish I had a standing desk. I don't like sitting down, anyway.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted July 9, 2013 Posted July 9, 2013 As far as exercise equipment at the office, I would personally go with things I could incorporate into what I was already doing there, like sitting on an exercise ball instead of a chair. I wish I had a standing desk. I don't like sitting down, anyway. Same here. My back and hips get angry with me after I've had to sit for 8+ hours a day.
missionseeker Posted July 10, 2013 Posted July 10, 2013 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004R9Q824/?tag=100freebooks-book-preview-20
brianthephysicist Posted July 10, 2013 Posted July 10, 2013 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuVfaH2QoZY
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now