An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Visit With Emma

lisaberry

Hi Everyone-we just went to see Emma. She needs lots of prayers as she is homesick right now. She reminded us, it wouldn't be a sacrifice if there wasn't suffering. They had a visit with Cardinal Raymond Burke this weekend and he even celebrated Mass for them two times. Just one perk of being  A Poor Clare Nun! Thanks-Lisa Berry

VeniJesuAmorMi

Thankfully she knows the value of what she's going through right now. Prayers for her; especially for her perseverance and peace. Also, prayers for the family. :)

Aww, I'll keep both Emma and your family in my rosary. I'm guessing that you are missing her as much as she is missing you. 

Chiquitunga

Thank you for sharing this with us! That is so neat Cardinal Burke visited them, and especially since you all met him in Rome last year. I am sure he was very happy to see Emma as a postulant now.

I think about her often and will keep her in prayer! :pray:

littlesister

Many (sympathetic!) prayers for Emma.  A wonderful elderly religious who had spent most of her life as novitiate infirmarian assured us that homesickness is inevitable, but the sooner it happens the better it is.  That has been a consolation to many of ours who were going through it, and hopefully it will be for you and yours, too.

TheresaThoma

Prayers for Emma and your family. From what you said she seems to have a good perspective on it (though that doesn't make it feel any easier!)

Emma has always struck me as a strong young lady!!! ;) please let her know we are all behind her as a invisible support system directing many many prayers her way to help fortify this area of her suffering!! We also appreciate her sacrifice for leaving one family, only to be in the loving support of another and nearer to our Lord! ;)