An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Dominicans In Scotland

Thijs

As I was attending a forum in St Andrews University and I was exhilarated by the news.

Dominican Sisters  of St Cecilia will be doing pastoral work next month.

http://www.northern-scot.co.uk/News/Sisters-from-the-States-to-set-up-home-in-Moray-26042013.htm

Wow. 

I was discussing this to my Muslim workmates during the forum and we both definitely agree, that a religious revival is badly needed in Scotland.

This is quite exhilarating!

I believe that the Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal has already a house in Scotland

:hehe2:  :saint2:  :bananarap:  :pope2:  :flex2:  :winner:

maximillion

I know the FSR have a house in Leeds, I was unaware they were in Scotland too, that's great.

Good news about the Nashies too, I have been praying they would open a house here.

I believe that there are a lot of atheist and anti-religion sentiment is pretty much common in Scotland than anywhere else in UK and that the only faithful and courageous believers who are very much willing to openly discuss, spread and practice their faith are the Muslims.
With the arrival of immigrants mainly from Africa, India and the Philippines somehow mitigated the empty churches in England
Funny though I used to attend once Mass said in Bengali in UK and Tagalog the next day in a parish where there is no mass said in English.
I'm praying that somehow it will mitigate the decline of our Catholic faith in Scotland.

Since Nashies Dominicans has the numbers when can we see the spreading out of Ann Arbor Dominicans? with there new priory in Texas most likely they will be recruiting more vocations. Will they beat Nashville this time? :-)

catholicamama

Scotland is in for a great treat.  For the last 2 years, one of the Nashies who will be heading over has taught at my daughter's school.  She is AMAZING.  i will get to see her again in a few days when we head down for another Sister's Final Vows.