An Old School Catholic Message Board

Investiture Dsmme

Totally Franciscan

domenica_therese

Sr. Iraneus? That's a holy catholic APOSTOLIC name.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl86SJjeu_s :P )

Edited by domenica_therese

domenica_therese

The Nashies do have a much higher retention rate at all levels - postulants, novices and Junior Professed. I wonder why that is?

I imagine it's simply a by-product of the fact that there's less general hype around them. The hype around the DSMME's is amazing, it's so beautiful there's that amount of fan-girling going on about a religious order -- I think it's something really unprecedented until recently unless you go back to Dominican founding times. It does have its side-effects though, and it's possible it might lead to over-romanticization of the life. Whether there's a difference in their attitude towards applicants and the process of admission, or if it's just a difference in who applies, I don't know. To paint with a broad brush I think the DSMME's are painted more enthusiastic and spontaneous, and the ND's as more careful, but that does a profound injustice to both -- especially my utterly unpredictable ND theology professor. If the DSMME's do have a modicum more enthusiasm or spontaneity than the ND's I wouldn't trade it for anything though, even if it led to more stability. While I love the ND's more, the DSMME's are doing incredible things in the Church and it is undeniable they are filling a much-needed role.

Regardless, everyone who joins is called to be there for the time they're there, even if they leave! And them having such an impact on so many is a beautiful thing.

Mary+Immaculate<3

Sr. Iraneus? That's a holy catholic APOSTOLIC name.

( :P )

If I could props this I would, I love that video!

Does anyone know what SheIsCatholic's (Sr. Leah's) new name is? I don't have a Facebook so I don't know.

Kayte Postle

Does anyone know what SheIsCatholic's (Sr. Leah's) new name is? I don't have a Facebook so I don't know.

She is now Sr. Mary Jordan!

I'm wracking my brain to figure out the postulant (now hopefully a novice) who was either a novice or a junior professed when she left OLAM.  She was the one in the PCPA's photos who'd had an audience with Pope jP II before she entered, When I saw her postulant photo a year ago, she had "filled out" a bit in her face.  Anybody know?

Has anyone connect the postulant names to the new novices names yet????  I loved reading the story that the new Sister Consolata's father wrote about her name but do not know her given name

DiscerningCatholic

So far here's who I know of

Sr. Lisa = Sr. Iraneus

Sr. Leah = Sr. Mary Jordan

Sr. Milina = Sr. Mary Consolata

Sr. Kelly = Sr. Peter Grace

Sr. Laura Catherine = Sr. Mary Esther

Not sure about the rest BUT THEY HAVE A SR. CHIARA LUCE!!!!!!

Thanks - did not have Sister Esther$ Chiara Luce is beautiful name!

So far here's who I know of

Sr. Lisa = Sr. Iraneus

Sr. Leah = Sr. Mary Jordan

Sr. Milina = Sr. Mary Consolata

Sr. Kelly = Sr. Peter Grace

Sr. Laura Catherine = Sr. Mary Esther

Not sure about the rest BUT THEY HAVE A SR. CHIARA LUCE!!!!!!