An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kazaa Lite Resurrection

Theologian in Training

Theologian in Training

First of all what makes Kazaa lite legal over the normal Kazaa, and second, why did Kazaa lite needed to be resurrected if it is legal in the first place?

Just curious is all.

Kaaza is now a pay site that pays for the music you download.

It also downloads tons of "spyware" into your computer that tracks your browsing habits and inserts ads and pop-ups. Very bad news.

[quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jun 1 2004, 10:22 PM'] First of all what makes Kazaa lite legal over the normal Kazaa, and second, why did Kazaa lite needed to be resurrected if it is legal in the first place?

Just curious is all. [/quote]
I am not entirely sure, but even the "normal' version of Kazaa can be installed with the ability to remove it's spy ware while keeping the "normal" version of Kazaa working.

I read computer geek magazines. There is not work-around the spyware and most spyware removers cannot accomplish it. Be very wary, but it's your computer...

cmotherofpirl

Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite.

keep repeating this.

daughter used kazaa lite.
kazaa lite filled computer with little spybots
Kazaa lite ate E drive.
E drive is in computer hell.

Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite.

Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite.

[quote]Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite.

keep repeating this.

daughter used kazaa lite.
kazaa lite filled computer with little spybots
Kazaa lite ate E drive.
E drive is in computer hell.

Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite.

Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite.
Do not use Kazaa lite. [/quote]

Message received...LOL :rolling:

Theologian in Training

It is not Kazaa Lite, it is Kazaa Lite Resurrection, a hack of Kazaa Lite. It is very popular and hosts over 2 million people. It is a free service, no spyware, and no adware. I installed it to see what the big deal was (but did not download anything), it is merely Kazaa without ads, spyware, and a program that is very seamless on your computer.

When I uninstalled it left the shared folder and one file in the prefetch, and a key in the registry. Otherwise, my computer was clean. Of course, I did not download any files, so I don't know if the ads/spyware come from there, but from the p2p itself, there was nothing.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='musturde' date='Jun 2 2004, 03:14 AM'] use napster [/quote]
I use iTunes, or since I was given a NetMD for Christmas one year, I also use Sony Connect [url="http://www.connect.com/"]SonicStage[/url]

Npaster is Ok, but does not carry some of the songs I am looking for.

I don't use any of them. I buy my CD's (or rather, let my kids buy them).
In my opinion, iTunes is probably the safest. In a few months, competition will clean up some of the pay download sites. Spyware is very bad and blockers and hunters are not very successfull in detecting and thwarting the stuff from the music sites, especially if you install ANYTHING. It isn't necessarily the music, it's the program.

CMom,
Ad-Aware and Spybot, along with a free firewall should help alot. Check out PCMag's site for download locations.

cmotherofpirl

Daughter is now trying Limewire.
Anybody know anything about it.?

Jas I am running Norton with firewall and Cookiewall and they still got thru.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Your daughter got Spyware from Kazaa Lite? That's interesting, because I used it once and nothing happened. I would assume, since it was hacked software, that there may have been some different versions out there and maybe some of them weren't clean. My only complaint about Kazaa Lite is that Kazaa knows what users are using it and they kick you off their server.