An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmelite Professions

Benedictus

Totally Franciscan

Profession video was wonderful.  Despite the amazingly beautiful Carmelite chasuble, I recognized Fr. Christopher, OSB from The Monastery as celebrant.  I thought I was seeing things! 

Yes  :saint2:  Fr Christopher is now also director of the National Office of Vocations for England and Wales. There seems to have been some improvements and developments as a result  :flex2:

Notting Hill certainly seems to be doing well!

Incidentally, Dom Christopher's successor as Abbot of Worth retired recently and they are electing a new Abbot this week.

Totally Franciscan

Anselm, would you be so kind as to let us know who is elected Abbot at Worth?  I would be very grateful.  Over here 'across the pond' we would not get that information.  I have bookmarked The Monastery and watch it at least once a year.  I get something new from it spiritually every time I watch it.  I was so enthralled with the Rule of St. Benedict that I went out and bought it.  It is so simple yet profound.  Glad to hear that Dom Christopher is Director of Vocations; I think he is perfect for the job. 

Totally Franciscan

Benedictus, yes I have seen The Big Silence, but it has been quite some time, so I bookmarked your kind link and will watch it soon.  Thanks for passing it on to me.

Anselm, thanks for any updates!

Mary's Margaret

Benedictus, thank-you for the link to The Big Silence.  I've been wanting to watch it, but the one I found on you Tube didn't work.  

Benedictus, thank-you for the link to The Big Silence.  I've been wanting to watch it, but the one I found on you Tube didn't work.  

You're welcome! :cool:

Dear Totally Franciscan (and others),

I have news! Dom Luke was elected Abbot of Worth about an hour ago.

I thought he would be. That's great news.   :flex2:

Totally Franciscan

Thank you, Benedictus.  He was the novice master, if memory serves.  Indeed great news!