An Old School Catholic Message Board

Creating Holy Cards

das8949

I would like to design or pay someone to design a holy card template to send to the DSMME new class of postulants. I found two prayers I like  as follows:

Prayer for My Vocation

Dear Heavenly Father, I believe that you are the Way, the Truth and the Life. You alone love me for who I truly am and for what I am able to become. Though I make repeated mistakes, you continually offer me new opportunities to grow every moment of the day.

Your Son lived the Way that I must choose is I'm to be transformed and to fully develop my potential. His Way is the only path that leads to true personhood.

Attuned to your Truth, Father, I am capable of leading a wholesome and worthwhile life. The depth of my service to others is dependent on my grasp of your Truth.

May your Spirit overflow into my life that I may have your Life to the full. Give me the strength and the courage to be all that I can be and not to settle for less.

Realizing that my life is a precious gift from you, may I integrate Your Way, Your Truth and Your Life, and make it my own. Amen.

Prayer To Know One's Vocation

Lord, my God and my loving Father, you have made me to know you, to love you, to serve you, and thereby to find and to fulfill my deepest longings. I know that you are in all things, and that every path can lead me to you. 

But of them all, there is one especially by which you want me to come to you. Since I will do what you want of me, I pray you, send your Holy Spirit to me: into my mind, to show me what you want of me; into my heart, to give me the determination to do it, and to do it with all my love, with all my mind, and with all of my strength right to the end. Jesus, I trust in you. Amen

Could someone please get me started in the right direction!

Thanking you in advance!

Darlene

TheresaThoma

I like the second prayer the best and I think that is an awesome idea. The ones I usually make I put pressed flowers on the front, and then write the verse or prayer on the back. Nothing too fancy but if you are looking to make 20 of them there probably is an easier way.

I like the second prayer the best and I think that is an amesome idea. The ones I usually make I put pressed flowers on the front, and then write the verse or prayer on the back. Nothing too fancy but if you are looking to make 20 of them there probably is an easier way.

TYVM - Would you be interested in making some cash?

I've not done designs for Holy Cards, but I have done plenty of other religious artwork. Perhaps I might be able to help out?

To give you an idea of the kind of work I do, here is a St. Christopher design which I will be engraving in a wood panel today.

Screenshot%2520from%25202013-08-04%25200

TheresaThoma

I realized how bad my grammar was on the last post

anyways, PM me and we can discuss details. I just started drying a bunch of pansies!