An Old School Catholic Message Board

Investiture & First Profession Of Franciscan Friars Of The Eternal

Chiara Francesco

Chiara Francesco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_dzNsPFUJg&feature

Homily - Investiture & First Profession on the Feast of Our Lady of the Angels- 2013-08-02 of the Franciscan Friars of the Eternal Word.

Totally Franciscan

Chiara, thank you for posting this.  I watched it three times on Friday and cried each time; it was so beautiful! 

Just watched the video -- beautiful!  Good to see Fr. Dominic back.  He was in Rome studying, I believe.  When I went to Charlotte for a profession ceremony, Fr. Joseph came up along with Br. Leo and his blood sister, Sr. Imelda, the friar who did the readings, and Br. James Mary when he was still a postulant.  What a nice guy!  It's good to see he persevered and made his 1st Profession.

I always love hearing Father Anthony rib the new postulant(s)!! ;) May I add a observation?! Is it just me or does anyone else feel the cantor was extremely off key?? Lol Bless his heart for getting up there and giving it his all!!

Totally Franciscan

I will jump in here.  Hope you don't mind, Nikita.  Sr. Imelda Marie (I believe that is her whole name) is the blood sister of Br. Leo Mary of MFVA.  She is a PCPA at Hanceville.

You got it right :)  Sr. Imelda and Sr. Dolores Marie went from Hanceville (OLAM) to Portsmouth Ohio a few years back to help rebuild the monastery there.  Sister Dolores Marie became Mother Dolores Marie, they had a few Sisters enter and one or two very elderly Sisters went into an assisted living/nursing home run by another order of Sisters. The remaining Community was invited to Charlotte, NC by that (Arch)Bishop.  After receiving permission from the (Arch)Bishop of Columbus, Ohio to move, they left and are living in a former convent in Charlotte while raising funds to build a new monastery. Sr. Imelda felt called back to Hanceville, so she went back to OLAM. 

Thank you very much for the info! I heard Mother Dolores speaking with Marisa Tomeo on Sacred Heart radio a couple of early mornings ago. The sisters had a booth at a Catholic event in New Jersey! Ms.T was interviewing Mother D who spoke mainly about the Monastery they are eager to start building. I wonder how the Poor Clare's of Mother A's order decided who and how many sisters/nuns would leave OLAM and go out and start a new community on their own such as the sisters/nuns who started their's in Arizona.

I know for the Charlotte nuns, both Mother Dolors Marie and Sr. Imelda felt called to go to (at the time) Portsmouth, Ohio  St. Joseph Adoration Monastery.  From what I understand, it was only to be a temporary thing, to "rebuild" the Monastery. But you know how "temporary" can often turn into permanent!  So now the 5 Sisters are in Charlotte eager to build a permanent home there.  The property they have acquired on the river is beautiful.  Plans are to build a seminary on one side of the property (it is quite large) and the Monastery on the other side.  The nuns would provide prayer support for the seminarians as well as continue their life of perpetual adoration and reparation.