An Old School Catholic Message Board

2 Former Phatmassers Are Making First Vows Today!

FutureFranciscan:)

JTheresa (Sr. M. Lucia) and alrichey53091 (Sr. Mary Grace) are making their first vows today with the Sisters of St Francis of Perpetual Adoration along with two other novices and two Postulants are being Invested! Please pray for them!!! 

How wonderful is that!  I don't remember them, probably due to the fact they had most likely entered before I joined the Phorum.  Wishing them many graces and blessing on their profession day and always.

JTheresa (Sr. M. Lucia) and alrichey53091 (Sr. Mary Grace) are making their first vows today with the Sisters of St Francis of Perpetual Adoration along with two other novices and two Postulants are being Invested! Please pray for them!!! 

http://www.ssfpa.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=344

Wasn't Sr. Mary Ignatia also a PM'er?

Edited by DameAgnes

OnlySunshine

I have been wondering about them!  I have been thinking about them lately and remembered that they entered the same year as laetita_crucis (Sr. Mary Catherine) who is also about to make first vows (in October?).  So exciting!  :)

Here is a another picture of Sr. Joan and Sr. Regina!

1115961_594012520650365_1890425550_o.jpg

Edited by FutureFranciscan:)

I know some Franciscans who did their novitiate in Mishawaka and felt these sisters, who let them use their chapel for adoration, were great. Only heard good things which says lots   :notworthy:

Edited by Benedictus

996915_594353120616305_980142890_n.jpg

Here is a picture of the sisters who professed their first vows yesterday!!: Sr. Maria Faustina, Sr. Lucia, Sr. Ignatia, and Sr. Mary Grace

Great photo (find!)...and many blessings to them!  Does anyone know if the temporary professed are allowed to go

home afterwards?  A "Nashie" from my parish recently made first vows, but her parents told me that she wouldn't be

home until 2015.  Postulants in active orders are generally permitted to "return to the world" for a week or so before

starting the canonical novitiate.

Great photo (find!)...and many blessings to them!  Does anyone know if the temporary professed are allowed to go

home afterwards?  A "Nashie" from my parish recently made first vows, but her parents told me that she wouldn't be

home until 2015.  Postulants in active orders are generally permitted to "return to the world" for a week or so before

starting the canonical novitiate.

Yes, all of the newly professed sisters went home yesterday for 1 or 2 weeks, except for one who is going home in October. Each professed sister is allowed to go home for 2 weeks every year. This is how it works with the SSFPA, I'm sure all communities are different. The SSFPA send their postulants home for mother's and father's day, each time for a week.

Good to hear about the home visits!  Giving the sisters such opportunities is surely psychologically sound

on the part of the SSFPA's--as well as being a loving realization of the nurturing role familes play before and after

the call to religious life.  There is an well-written article entitled "Family Matters" at  http://www.vocationnetwork.org/articles/show76

Good to hear about the home visits!  Giving the sisters such opportunities is surely psychologically sound

on the part of the SSFPA's--as well as being a loving realization of the nurturing role familes play before and after

the call to religious life.  There is an well-written article entitled "Family Matters" at  http://www.vocationnetwork.org/articles/show76

These are fairly active sisters so it would seem to make sense for home visits. But I think it depends on the specific vocation whether more or less contact is advisable. Enclosed orders are probably wise not to usually allow home visits, although most encourage families to stay at the convent or monastery at various times. In some orders sending letters every few months and an annual visit by family to stay for a week or so is more the norm. I don't think this necessarily makes the boundary psychologically unsound, the reverse could be true in some respects if it disrupts the progress the person has made. I think this is why most orders make sure a person has a good period of formation before reconnecting with aspects of their life before entering. But it must still be a challenge and present hosts of doubts and temptations to the well experienced religious.

Edited by Benedictus

OnlySunshine

My friend just entered a Franciscan order that only allows home visits once every 10 years.  When I mentioned this, she had no idea because a) she didn't ask and b) they didn't tell her.  But it didn't phase her one bit.  I don't think I could handle being away from family for 10 years.  I've heard it's the same in the Missionaries of Charity, too.

Here are some pictures from the first vows ceremony:

527023_495055643916575_2002943383_n.jpg

999747_495055833916556_2019077600_n.jpg970676_495055887249884_600177204_n.jpg

Sr. Ignatia professing her vows

1157480_495055697249903_1390350252_n.jpg

Sr. Maria Faustina, Sr. Mary Grace, Sr. Ignatia, Sr. Lucia