An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nashville Slideshow New Novices

DameAgnes

Here's a silly question I have - after reading all the new names of the NDs - is it difficult to get used to the new name?  Do your former possies continue to call you by the name they've always known you?  Just one of the questions I wouldn't think of asking any community I'm thinking about.

We have several girls from our area who entered and we call them by their new name when they are on home visits, but when talking to those who new her well, especially her mother, we tend to slip into calling her by her birth name.  Especially before final vows even the mothers refer to them by their birth name.  Most of those who knew the girls before they entered have almost no contact with them and it just happens that the new name takes a long time to click.

AveMariaPurissima

Which one is DTA?  (as a sidenote, Sr. Mary Inez is  a friend of mine!  It's so neat to see her in habit!!! :D )

OnlySunshine

We have several girls from our area who entered and we call them by their new name when they are on home visits, but when talking to those who new her well, especially her mother, we tend to slip into calling her by her birth name.  Especially before final vows even the mothers refer to them by their birth name.  Most of those who knew the girls before they entered have almost no contact with them and it just happens that the new name takes a long time to click.

I often catch myself calling my friend by her baptismal name when I talk about her to my mom.  In a way, it's OK because her baptismal name is part of her religious name but I hate that I still haven't gotten used to calling her Sr. Mary Elizabeth.  I don't know why it's taking me so long, especially when that is the name I would have loved to have had myself if I had entered religious life (though I would want it after St. Elizabeth of the Visitation and my friend is after Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity).  :)

Ave, someone indicated on a different thread that DTA discerned out during the postulancy... not sure if it is accurate, but whatever choice she made, we are praying for her....

Deus te Amat

Which one is DTA?  (as a sidenote, Sr. Mary Inez is  a friend of mine!  It's so neat to see her in habit!!! :D )

Ave, someone indicated on a different thread that DTA discerned out during the postulancy... not sure if it is accurate, but whatever choice she made, we are praying for her....

:popcorn:

Edited by Deus_te_Amat