add Posted August 22, 2013 Posted August 22, 2013 http://m.nypost.com/f/mobile/news/international/benedict_god_told_me_to_quit_P8b2ZMpRjT2J6tfm5YV51N
Nunsense Posted August 22, 2013 Posted August 22, 2013 I read this on Twitter. It's a lovely story about our Pope Emeritus, isn't it?
Oremoose Posted August 22, 2013 Posted August 22, 2013 But what does it mean? Is Benny now a mystic? I just thought that Like any Vocation God called him to a different lifestyle than being Pope. As JPII showed us how to live and die in Christ, Benny16 showed us that when God calls we follow though it may against the Norm of everyone's expectations.
Sr. Mary Jeremiah OP Posted August 22, 2013 Posted August 22, 2013 I read this yesterday on the Catholic News Agency site. I think Benedict has always been a mystic. In fact, have you ever reflected that we are all called to be mystics. That's the goal, in a way, of our baptismal consecration. The word mystic comes from Greek. It means "hidden." You might say it's the way God deals with us most of the time. How does anyone know God's will for their lives? The Holy Spirit "touches" our heart so that we begin to desire what God desires. The more we receive the sacraments and read the Scriptures and spiritual books, we can grow in sensitivity to his touches. May the Lord bless Benedict XVI abundantly. I still miss him very much. Pope Francis is wonderful, too,. But we all have our favorite "friends." Blessings on your day, Sr. Mary Jeremiah, OP
Basilisa Marie Posted August 22, 2013 Posted August 22, 2013 Describing something as a mystical experience doesn't necessarily mean he's a mystic, but in due time we might learn that he is (or was, depending when we discover it). It doesn't surprise me that he did it because he was following God's will, or that God's will was made so explicit for such a huge event. If anything, I think it further underscores that very important things are going on, that great things are surrounding his resignation.
add Posted August 22, 2013 Author Posted August 22, 2013 (Another)Link: http://news.yahoo.com/ex-pope-benedict-says-god-told-resign-report-104959018.html Voluntary layoff?
add Posted August 23, 2013 Author Posted August 23, 2013 Describing something as a mystical experience doesn't necessarily mean he's a mystic, but in due time we might learn that he is (or was, depending when we discover it). It doesn't surprise me that he did it because he was following God's will, or that God's will was made so explicit for such a huge event. If anything, I think it further underscores that very important things are going on, that great things are surrounding his resignation.
add Posted August 23, 2013 Author Posted August 23, 2013 This revelation, if true, is quite remarkable. Anytime I hear of news stories on the Internet I have to wonder if there is even a grain of truth in the story I'm still not convinced the news is accurate, after all the storyline quotes a unnamed " catholic news sourse" Pope Francis does seam to e special, you don't have to be mystic to foresee good things coming from his raine
southern california guy Posted August 23, 2013 Posted August 23, 2013 (Another)Link: http://news.yahoo.com/ex-pope-benedict-says-god-told-resign-report-104959018.html Voluntary layoff? God laid him off..... Seriously I think that he was having health problems and all of the sick homosexual stuff within the Catholic church in the US was not making things any easier for him... :unsure:
southern california guy Posted August 24, 2013 Posted August 24, 2013 Sorry I have a bad attitude about the direction the Catholic church seemed to have headed for so many years...
LouisvilleFan Posted August 24, 2013 Posted August 24, 2013 Of course, the NY Post is putting words in his mouth by saying he "quit." Notice they never quote him using that word, although they put it in the headline to catch a few eyeballs.
add Posted August 24, 2013 Author Posted August 24, 2013 Is there really a difference between quit or resign?
Nihil Obstat Posted August 25, 2013 Posted August 25, 2013 Is there really a difference between quit or resign? In their respective connotations, depending on context.
add Posted August 25, 2013 Author Posted August 25, 2013 The ways of the LORD are not the ways of man.
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted August 25, 2013 Posted August 25, 2013 But what does it mean? Is Benny now a mystic? I just thought that Like any Vocation God called him to a different lifestyle than being Pope. As JPII showed us how to live and die in Christ, Benny16 showed us that when God calls we follow though it may against the Norm of everyone's expectations. Benny rotfl
Oremoose Posted August 26, 2013 Posted August 26, 2013 Benny rotfl At least I have not gotten into the habit of calling Pope Francis, Pope Frankie!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now