An Old School Catholic Message Board

Retreat!

Spem in alium

Welcome home!!!!!

Thanks for letting us know about who attended!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time... and I will keep praying for all of you.

As far as the prayer intention....God, being out of time, heard my intention!  But thank you for remembering it on your next visit!

(The fires are still raging, and prayers are gratefully accepted.)

brandelynmarie

Spem, were you able to experience any times of silence? Even on silent retreats, I was always torn between being silent & being charitable when someone wanted to talk to me specifically. :blush:

Spem in alium

Spem, were you able to experience any times of silence? Even on silent retreats, I was always torn between being silent & being charitable when someone wanted to talk to me specifically. :blush:

Thankfully I was. I did try to observe as much silence as I could, but it was difficult when people wanted to speak to me!
The first night we were actually encouraged to have some silence, though talking during meals was definitely welcomed. Before bed both nights I made time to pray.  The mornings were great too; I'm an early riser, so would make time to go out for a walk and pray or just enjoy the surroundings.
Saturday had good time for reflection - we had about three hours to ourselves, and so I was able to spend a considerable amount of time by myself in Adoration, seeking spiritual guidance and just being out in nature. And Saturday night Adoration was very peaceful.

brandelynmarie

It sounds like you had a good balance between being on retreat with others & being alone with Him. :) What a blessing...

brandelynmarie

I really enjoyed your second blog post. :) ...there are definitely parallels between unpacking your bags in a human relationship & emptying yourself in order to deepen the relationship between you & God...to listen & to know His Will...I am still a work in progress with this... :blush:

Edited by brandelynmarie

Spem in alium

I really enjoyed your second blog post. :) ...there are definitely parallels between unpacking your bags in a human relationship & emptying yourself in order to deepen the relationship between you & God...to listen & to know His Will...I am still a work in progress with this... :blush:

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I really agree. It can be quite a difficult step, and I know I'm still working on it, but it's really well worth the effort. 

I am going on retreat October 12 and staying overnight then going home!!! Going to spend quite a few hours in Adoration so give me some prayer request,

Spem in alium

Hope you have a wonderful retreat, Carter.

Please keep Drew in your prayers - he's unemployed and currently looking for work to help pay his rent.