An Old School Catholic Message Board

Former Pm'er Making Final Profession Today

reminiscere

Sr. Veronica Mary of the Transfiguration, an extern sister of the Dominican Monastery of Our Lady of the Rosary in Buffalo, New York is professing Perpetual Vows today. Sister's PM handle was 'PassionHeart.'

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Yes!  I knew her -- oh I've missed her, and I remember her searching for the right community (and how excited she was about the community she entered).

For those of you that were around then ... do you remember the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic thread?  That included Sons, and that listed those praying for those who had financial difficulties that were struggling to enter religious life?  She started that thread (and it went on for a long time ... it was great).

Sr. Mary Jeremiah OP

Congratulations to Sister Veronica Mary of the Transfiguration, OP!!

Ad multos anos.

Sr. Mary Jeremiah, OP

AccountDeleted

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Yes!  I knew her -- oh I've missed her, and I remember her searching for the right community (and how excited she was about the community she entered).

For those of you that were around then ... do you remember the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic thread?  That included Sons, and that listed those praying for those who had financial difficulties that were struggling to enter religious life?  She started that thread (and it went on for a long time ... it was great).

She entered on the 16th of Jan 2007 and I joined phatmass on the 10th of Jan 2007  -- we were like ships that passed in the night! But I do remember the Broke Daughters of St Dominic! :)  Passionheart started that in 2006 but it was still going long after I came here.

Our congratulations and love and prayers are with her always.

She became a friend of mine through Phatmass, keeping me posted on her life at the monastery after her entrance.  When she wrote, she'd often ask about the Pham!  Her vocation journey was the reason I became a regular donor to the Mater Ecclesiae Fund for Vocations.  They came through for her so that she could enter the Dominicans. She was kind enough to invite me to her Final Profession, but  I couldn't make the trip.  She's the first PM'er I've known to make it to final vows :saint2: .