An Old School Catholic Message Board

From Inside The Convent....

Katiebobatie94

Katiebobatie94
I entered the Salesians almost three weeks ago as an aspirant. So much has happened! 
There are 4 of us in my class (Mary, Jenn, & Kelly). There is about a 10 year age difference between the oldest & the youngest......I am the youngest. This year the aspirants have a full schedule! We are team-teaching theology to the 7th & 8th graders here MHCA; as well as teaching CCD at local parishes on Sundays. We are also taking a series of classes. They include:
- Italian
-Don Bosco
-Mother Mazzarello
-Etiquette
-Sewing
-Choir
-Music (instrumental)
-Creed (in the Spring)
-Catechetical Formation
-Aspirant workshops
On top of all of that we are also going to learn how to do chores, and lead morning & evening prayer. The first couple of months is going to be a lot of firsts & a lot of learning. Living in community is definitely an experience, but it is such a beautiful one! It is great to have all of these other women around who share the same mission as yourself. I am really loving it here! I love the girls in my class & I love the Sisters. 
This Saturday (9/21/13) I, along with my companions, will officially begin our Aspirancy year during our Medal Ceremony. The ceremony happens within the context of Evening Prayer & during it we each receive a medal of Mary Help of Christians. 
Please know that you are all in my prayers. I ask that you keep me in your prayers as well. I believe that Jeanne Jugan once said that we should "refuse God nothing." Please pray that as I continue with my formation I may always remember that, and live it out. 

Mary Help of Christians, Pray for us!!

Edited by Katiebobatie94

I am so happy for you Katie!! What a wonderful full life you are leading with our Lord in your heart!! Don Bosco is one of my favorite saints! He was a life saver to so many adolescences!! Prayers sent your way!!! ;)

ToJesusMyHeart

Ah I want to take a sewing class! 

Such good news, Katie. I'll pray for you since we are both Katie. ;)

(just kidding, I'll pray because it's good!)

Katiebobatie94

Prayers!   Glad you are enjoying those BUSY days!   Are they calling you 'Katie' or 'Sister Katie' as a postulant?

Well,  for my first year I am an aspirant; then in my second year I am a postulant. During both years I am just 'Katie". At the end of two year I enter novitiate, & then 'Sr' is put in front of my name....totalled it is a 4 year formation program

And thank you all so much! <3

Edited by Katiebobatie94