Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trisha's Random Ramblings


Recommended Posts

Posted

I needed a new thread.

 

 

Posted (edited)

I'm gonna be serious for a minute. Bear with me.

 

I feel like there's too much going on in my head and that maybe if I just get that out in the open, anxiety will quit kicking my butt so badly.

 

I think a big part of it is a serious lack of social interaction. It's kind of tricky being an introvert in a place where it's extremely easy and tempting to let myself be completely introverted all the time. I forget that I need a balance. I get too consumed with one thing (for the past few months, it's been work) and I start getting anxious. My spiritual life suffering doesn't help, either (surprise, surprise!)  I've noticed lately that I don't pray as much. It used to sort of just happen. I would find myself praying often, though usually informally, throughout the day; it isn't like that anymore. When I do pray, it feels forced. It's still a consolation when I'm anxious, most of the time. Other times it makes it worse before it makes it better. Still, I keep praying.

 

For at least a month now I often feel on the verge of a full blown panic attack. When it started (with an actual panic attack, out of the blue, waking me in the middle of the night - something that hadn't happened for, I think, years) I went to Confession and, of course, Mass; that helped, but didn't make it go away.

 

On the temporal side I've completely removed caffeine and other various factors that usually contribute to anxiety; I've started drinking "relaxation" tea at night and doing things like reading, playing games, etc. to decompress. I've also been reading scripture verses like the one below to remind myself of the promises in them and let the anxious thoughts go.

 

"I have told you this so that you might have peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world." John 16:33

 

Seriously, I already feel better just writing this out.

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

Have you tried journaling? Personally when I am super stressed about something journaling helps me get it out there and it helps to process through it. I'm not really consistent with my journal but it is nice to go back from time to time and see where I have grown and what areas I still need to work on. Currently my journal needs to be duct taped back together (apparently falling off the top bunk of a bunk bed directly onto the spine is not good for the binding...)

Posted

I tried it once long ago, but I'm absolutely horrible at keeping a journal. We had to keep one for a class, and instead of writing in it every day, I wrote everything all at once at the end of the week. For these purposes, that probably wouldn't work. I could maybe keep one on the computer, though. If I could type everything instead of writing it out it would be a lot faster and I would be more likely to do it. Thanks for the suggestion. :)

 

You should get some pretty duct tape for yours, like this stuff: http://amzn.com/B00CJGF6EI

Posted

That's tough, Tricia....

 

I find journaling helps, as does doing something like going for a walk and having a long talk with God.

 

Sometimes it can help to send God an email.... put a folder in your own email and save it to that folder.... it works like an email in that there isn't any pressure to write EVERY day or EVERY week... but you have a record and it feels less forced...  at least it has helped me sometimes!   :)   :pray: for you...  

Posted

Ooo I like that duct tape!

 

Just checked out the Duck Tape website, did you know they make GLOW IN THE DARK duck tape?

Posted

That. Is. AWESOME! I'm getting some for Halloween! :D

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted (edited)

Got an airsoft pistol yesterday. I wanted something I could practice with here at home in the yard, but when I shoot it, the pellets basically do a pop fly out the barrel; it's really cheesy. I think I'm going to just get a real one and go to a range to practice shooting.

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

Got an airsoft pistol yesterday. I wanted something I could practice with here at home in the yard, but when I shoot it, the pellets basically do a pop fly out the barrel; it's really cheesy. I think I'm going to just get a real one and go to a range to practice shooting.

 

Your pellets are a) either too light or b) your hop-up is set way too strong. You'll have to read the manual to figure out how to adjust that down.

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

Your pellets are a) either too light or b) your hop-up is set way too strong. You'll have to read the manual to figure out how to adjust that down.

 

Well, funny thing about that... there is no "manual," really. It's a bunch of pictures with parts numbered an labeled, but zero instructions whatsoever. I could maybe read about it online. I'm sure someone has figured it out.

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

Also, I got the heavier .20g pellets that were suggested by the reviewers. I can't even imagine what the .12g pellets it came with would do.

Posted

Also, I got the heavier .20g pellets that were suggested by the reviewers. I can't even imagine what the .12g pellets it came with would do.

 

They'd probably spiral skyward, attempting to get into orbit, before giving up and falling pitifully on the ground. :P

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

They'd probably spiral skyward, attempting to get into orbit, before giving up and falling pitifully on the ground. :P

 

Yeah, I was thinking they might go straight skyward and come back and land on me. lol

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

I love nail polish.

TheresaThoma
Posted

Nail polish is fun. However it means that I have to commit to doing absolutely nothing with my hands for at least 30 minutes (most likely closer to an hour) when I put it on.

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

That is a down side, but I just do it when I'm watching Netflix and stuff that doesn't require me to do much with my hands. It's one of the things I do to relax, so really it's good that I am sort of forced to stop doing stuff. :)

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

So, it's autumn.

 

 

I say: forget pumpkins; I've recently become obsessed with all things* pickled. Dill pickles, garlic pickles, mustard pickles, pickled beets, dill sauce or vinegar on all sorts of foods, etc. It's pretty bad... My friend's mom asked me what I want for my birthday and I seriously asked for pickles. (She makes a bunch of varieties every year.) :eat:

 

 

*vegetarian things.

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

Nail polish is fun. However it means that I have to commit to doing absolutely nothing with my hands for at least 30 minutes (most likely closer to an hour) when I put it on.

 

 

That is a down side, but I just do it when I'm watching Netflix and stuff that doesn't require me to do much with my hands. It's one of the things I do to relax, so really it's good that I am sort of forced to stop doing stuff. :)

 

Also, finding a good base and top coat means it lasts longer and you don't have to do it as often, so the 30+ minutes are more worth the hassle. I found a decent one that keeps most manicures chip-free for a couple of days. If I really like them, I'll touch them up and re-coat with the top coat. Once, I used my sister's craft glaze to reattach a huge chunk that was peeling and it stayed on longer than the rest of the mani; couldn't even tell it had peeled. I'm thinking of trying the gel stuff or shellacking my favorite manis.. just need to find a good product for it first.

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

cool-respect-introvert-people.jpg

Posted

So what title are you going to choose, Tricia?

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...