An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mission Trip To Jamaica

Kateri89

I'm planning to go to Jamaica sometime in 2014, hopefully in February or March for a week long mission trip.  I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in going as a group.  We would be going to stay with the Missionaries of the Poor Sisters who run a home for mothers and their babies as an alternative to abortion.

This video is a little old because the Holy Innocents Home now exists but this details what it's about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6_z8TTyVQ8

If anyone is interested or wants more details, PM me and once I have an idea of who wants to go, I'll start to get things organized.  I already emailed them about coming to visit and they sent me back an application which asks details about when/how many people/etc.  I'm posting this in VS because I figure it would be a good opportunity for anyone discerning potentially joining a missionary order.

If there are any men that are interested, it should be noted that there is a male branch of the order which has a different apostolate so keep that in mind.

ToJesusMyHeart

I want to come but I'm not sure because that's smack dab in the middle of the semester. 

Can you post the dates on here, or PM them when you find out? 

ToJesusMyHeart

Also--nerd question--but do you know if the location is on the windward or leeward side of the mountains? I'm a geography major and I'm looking up Jamaican climate right now and it varies greatly depending on your location relative to the rain shadow of the mountains. 

:nerd:

Well I'm not sure about the geography question   :think:  but as far as dates I suppose it would depend on the availability of PMers. If college students have a spring break week that would be a possibility.  I'm pretty flexible.  I just wanted to get an idea from other people so that I can request the vacation time at work.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this thread because I have to pick vacation time at work soon so if there are any others interested please PM me!