An Old School Catholic Message Board

Philip Rivers. amesome Quarterback. amesome Catholic.

dUSt

definatly would not say awesome football player.  have you seen him play?  this guy throws more temper tantrums than anyone I have ever seen playing football.  this guy acts like a small child lots of the times.  he pouts and throws temper tantrums throughout the game.  it really looks bad and makes him come off very immature.

definatly would not say amesome football player.  have you seen him play?

Well, let's see. According to this year's fantasy football rankings he is the #3 quarterback in the league, right behind Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

So... I guess...

haters-gonna-hate-red-tshirt.jpg

Well, let's see. According to this year's fantasy football rankings he is the #3 quarterback in the league, right behind Peyton Manning and Drew Brees.

So... I guess...

haters-gonna-hate-red-tshirt.jpg

have you watched him play?  have your seen his immature temper tantrums?  have you seen him throw hissy fits?

definatly would not say amesome football player.  have you seen him play?  this guy throws more temper tantrums than anyone I have ever seen playing football.  this guy acts like a small child lots of the times.  he pouts and throws temper tantrums throughout the game.  it really looks bad and makes him come off very immature.

his being an awesome football player is something seperate from his hissy fits.  i completely agree...his temper tantrums during games bother me too.  it is hard for me to watch at times...but his numbers back up the fact that he is an awesome football player.  thats the good thing about the Church too...the sacraments are there for us even if we are immature or if we have been downright evil.  I pray that over time all those graces help him to overcome the pouting/tantrums and help focus his passion on the field.  he is a perfect fit for God's grace. 

dust, thank you for posting.  good stuff.  I didn't know he was Catholic and a lot of my friends are die hard chargers/philip rivers fans so that will be pretty cool for them if they didn't already know.   i hope he becomes a very holy man.  it would be good for him, his teammates, and those around him.