TheresaThoma Posted October 17, 2013 Posted October 17, 2013 Wonderful people I need your help. I'm trying to research/do reconnaissance on a group for work, however their website is currently not available. I have used the Wayback Machine and got one hit and tried Google Cache (the website has not been cached). Basically I am trying to find any information I can. Can anyone think of any other resources I could use?
Lil Red Posted October 17, 2013 Posted October 17, 2013 the only one i know of is the Wayback Machine
Basilisa Marie Posted October 18, 2013 Posted October 18, 2013 Yeah, Wayback Machine is the only one that I know of too.
TheresaThoma Posted October 18, 2013 Author Posted October 18, 2013 I think I managed to figure it out. I ended up using the wayback machine to find a staff list. Then I cross referenced that list with staff lists from two potential current departments (trying to see if there was just a name change). Using some information from LinkedIn profiles and searching the main website to see if certain members were still there. Time consuming but I think I managed to figure it out, or at least not sound like an idiot when I finally get the chance to talk to someone. Now I just need to do a write up for my boss and add in a few graphics because honestly it is a mess figuring out who went where.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now